DOH!!!!!!!Gezz!!!!! DUHHHHHH!!!

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Re: DOH!!!!!!!Gezz!!!!! DUHHHHHH!!!

Postby MakaInOz » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:48 am

Hey 601,
I had a similar problem (on a smaller scale) last night. All the kids were home for Sunday dinner and we finished up downstairs jamming afterwards. With two bass players, the youngest volunteeered for vocals and I was running the mic through my small PA through into my little 4x8" bass quad box. Even over the guitar, bass and harp, there was this annoying high pitched rattle sound with the vocals. Sounded like a loose grill cover.

Took about half an hour, but we eventually found it was a loose latch on the aluminium tool case I keep the spare leads in. It was beside, almost behind, the quad box. Amazing how much noise it could make - guess it was using the tool case as a resonator. Solved the problem by putting a wooden peg on it to keep it off the metal.
At least no amp manufacturers were involved in the hunt for the rattle!
MakaInOz
Regular

Postby 601blues » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:42 am

It really is amazing ...is it not???? how a little sound that does not belong can be so annoying!! and once your ears have picked it up, it seems to get louder!!
601blues
Regular

Postby maxx england » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:53 pm

Whole drumkits rattling when you're trying to be subtle. HHNNNGAAAAARGGGH :evil: !!!
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby MakaInOz » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:52 am

Maxx is that with or without a drummer involved :D ?
MakaInOz
Regular

Postby maxx england » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:17 pm

Yer a wicked, malicious, warped individual. I decline to answer.......
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby birddog » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:02 pm

601blues wrote:
Doc wrote:I have a thought 601, would it be possible to dismantle the chain affair and then push it through a piece of rubber tubing to isolate it from the metal of the amp stand?

Sure it would, however the small chains were connected to the hand screw that holds the height adjustment, since I really never use that, and all the chains were for was to keep ya from losen the nuts , I just shit canned the chains!!!
But I will say this, in my studio I have 14 various amps, and NONE has the tones and moves air like this delta blues, example!! I have guitars settin in racks and stands all over the place, a couple tamborines, drums all kinds of various eq on racks etc. when I play this delta blues in the studio ,all eq set to 5, all volumes and gaines set to 3 , channel 1 all boosts off, Plug my 345 in on mono, six way at 3-4 center PU position, hit Bb note on 6th string with my thumb and hold it and butterfly the note, and it builds to the point everything I mentioned above is vibrating and will increase as long as I hold the note!! I ve never seen another amp do that!! Remember Iam not Talking High volume!! just tone Db's

So, 601 with all those various amps you have and it seems like you kinda like this one since you still have it I got a couple more questions you might be able to answer.
AT what volume level does this amp start to break up ?
Sounds like it makes a good blues amp, could it make a guy happy being the "Only" tube amp a guy owns.
Trying to get to just one amp for electric, may never gig with but couldn't rule it out some day. Mostly play at home type thing or will this be too much amp and I would be better off with a Blues Jr. or something ?
Any input appreciated, thanks.

Wally
birddog
Regular

Postby bignick » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:52 pm

Wally..don't rule out a good 5 watt tube amp through a decent cab.
bignick
Regular

Postby 601blues » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:17 pm

Well Walley, I think this is a never ending,question,that will never be resolved in my life time, Ive read so many various anwers to this over the years. And the one I find is correct is, ITS up to you what you want and seek your own sound,
For me Break up is really not the factor, I prefer a thick full body tone, that will punch out the highs with attitude but will pour out the lows like cream,
So it depends on your style type guitar, etc and to seek what you want to hear not what others want!! jus Wally
601blues
Regular

Previous

Return to Equipment Blues