New Band Opp.

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

RE: New Band Opp.

Postby jeffl » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:59 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Oct-03-05 AT 06:00 PM (EST)]The cat finally came outa the bag: I just got an e-mail from the frontman,and he told me he wuz startin' another project- strictly blues. It'll involve some of the guys from the current lineup,plus me. Apparently, he hadn't talked with everybody about it,and hadn't made up his mind that the current lineup wouldn't work. This should be interesting to see what he comes up with. I hope it includes the drummer,at least. I'm bettin' it includes the keyboarder from my last band, since he's been rehearsin' with us too(I kinda wondered why he was playin' with us).
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bosco » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:17 pm

Hey Bubba-

What's the scoop on all of this? Did they start the new band without you? End up playing rock instead of blues?

Apologies if I missed the outcome but you kind of discussed this band scenario in several different threads spread across a couple of forums so I may have missed it.

Fill me in...Thanks!

Bosco
bosco
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:19 pm

Nothin's happenin' on it right now,Bosco; his other band has been giggin' alot lately,and I doubt if he's thinkin' about it much right now. I had a chance to play with those guys again at a club about 20 miles from my house,last week, but I stayed home to play blues with a buddy. I played with 'em at that club a coupla months ago,and they played 2 whole sets of surf music (and the club is called "Blues"!); I wasn't in the mood for that when I can play blues all nite at home. If he wants to do somethin',he knows how to reach me. I'm still thinkin' of jus' doin' a roots blues duo,or trio,too. I've got a guy who I've played with at jams on the Mississippi for the last dozen years,who I've been hookin' up with on duo stuff lately,and he's showin' some interest in doin' somethin'. He's an acoustic 6-string blues player,who has a decent voice,and has done front work,and has real good connections--and he likes playin' with me,and we play well together. So,I'm just layin' a little low right now,and tryin' to be patient (especially in waitin' for my new/old Champ to get back from the shop). We've got another guy over there on the river who's showin' some interest,who has played with us for the same time, who is a great string bass player,and sings like a bird. He hasn't got anything goin' right now,either,and I've been twistin' his arm a little. If we do somethin' with that, it would be small clubs,restaurants,and coffee houses; not much pay,but good music.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:07 am

Bosco: we start rehearsals again tomorrow nite, for our thanksgiving weekend 2 niter. My Champ should be back from the shop this week,so I'm lookin' forward to rehearsin' with that. I think I'll mic up my 30 for the actual gig though. Turns out our frontman hasn't got a new job,or sold his house yet, so maybe we'll reincarnate this deal yet, if he gets a hankerin' to make some music. I'll be playin' on the river Wednesday nite, so at least my amps ain't rustin' up.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby maxx england » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:30 pm

The politics of bands is like something out of Rennaissance Italy.

Just as a matter of interest, have you read The Prince by Nicolo Macchiavelli? Could give you some handy little pointers (but ignore the section about poisoning).
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Previous

Return to About Gigs