Coyote Cabs ?

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Coyote Cabs ?

Postby birddog » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:50 pm

Someting I've been thinking about for a while and haven't come across any local hardship deals I always seem to be on the lookout for.
Read some good reviews, can get them in any color combination and either 1x12 or 2x10.
Any thoughts, probably can slip in a last minute bid on the bay for about a buck and a half.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3DWatching

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfhGE1fL2uM

Wally
birddog
Regular

Re: Coyote Cabs ?

Postby leftyguitarman » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:30 pm

If the construction is really good, then $150 is a decent price. I found a guy on Craigslist who lives up somewhere by Flagstaff who makes speaker cabs, with speakers, for around the same price. His 1x12 cabs with Jensen speakers were $160 and his 2x12 cabs were like $220 or so. He has an ebay store, but I can't think of the name of it. If I do, I'll let you know.

What kind of speaker and head are you gonna run in to it?
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby birddog » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:44 pm

leftyguitarman wrote:What kind of speaker and head are you gonna run in to it?

I was thinking about a couple Eminience Rajun Cajun's, I got one for something else and didn't end up using it so I'd just have to get another. For the 2x10 cab of course.
I like the slant front.

Just thought I'd use it for an extension for my 35w Kustom Acoustic or my Frontman 25R which is all I got for now.
What I'd like to get for it down the road is the Egnater Rebel 20 head but they are to frickin expensive. Like how you can keep the volume low but crank up the wattage.

Wally
birddog
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:43 pm

birddog wrote:What I'd like to get for it down the road is the Egnater Rebel 20 head but they are to frickin expensive. Like how you can keep the volume low but crank up the wattage.

I would like to do the same thing. You know, Guitar Center is doing a no interest for a year thing. Not a bad deal. If you got that head ($600 right?) that gives you a whole year to pay it off.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby birddog » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:20 pm

leftyguitarman wrote:
birddog wrote:What I'd like to get for it down the road is the Egnater Rebel 20 head but they are to frickin expensive. Like how you can keep the volume low but crank up the wattage.

I would like to do the same thing. You know, Guitar Center is doing a no interest for a year thing. Not a bad deal. If you got that head ($600 right?) that gives you a whole year to pay it off.

In theory thats sounds good. I have to resist that type of temptation and slowly stash the cash away in my slush fund.
Hopefully some unforseen auto repair, water heater dosen't go out or something stupid dosen't eat it up first. Had to buy a snowblower last winter like that and it has to be paid off first.
Hence, "down the road" but I'm always thinking ahead. :mrgreen:
But go ahead and get one and write a review up for me to make me want one more. :P

Wally
birddog
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:17 pm

I'd like to go get one, but that ain't gonna happen. The restaurant I work in has been dead slow. We really rely on tourism (from all the conventions that come into to town, since we're next to the convention center) but there isn't any tourism in the summer since the weather is so awful. No work = no money. :(
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby thebluesbox » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:18 pm

Guys I build combo's as some of you might know, I can also build speaker cabs, if your particularly interested in something custom built shoot me an email and we can work on a quote.

just in thought as I read an earlier post above about the 1x12 cab with speaker for 160.00 I find that very hard to believe being a builder myself because just in materials your looking at the cost being well above that not including the labor to do it. Im just saying out of experience with the cost of the materials these days. Now I would believe a company that mass produces speaker cabs with cheap labor and cheap wholesale materials and cheaper speakers can pull that off but nothing custom made I wouldnt think

at any rate feel free to contact me if anyone is interested, I can customize any way you like.
thebluesbox
Regular

Return to Equipment Blues