ESP guitars

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

ESP guitars

Postby stewie » Fri May 29, 2009 9:02 am

I was wondering if anyone here has played any ESP guitars, in particular the Eclipse. The Eclipse and the Les Paul Studio seem to be in roughly the same price range so I'm thinking they should be about the same quality. Has anyone compared the two?
stewie
Regular

Re: ESP guitars

Postby rustyslide » Fri May 29, 2009 10:09 am

I've played a few. Decent, but they're a bit pointy for my tastes. The Eclipse line looks like the export version of their "Edwards" line for the Japanese domestic market, which are decidedly less pointy and much closer to a Les Paul.

If someone gave me the Eclipse II model with the Seymour Duncan PAF-a-likes (instead of the EMGs), I wouldn't refuse it.
rustyslide
Site Admin

Postby bignick » Fri May 29, 2009 12:53 pm

ESP makes a KILLER Relic'd strat right now. I would LOVE that guitar. It has such a great feel to it.
bignick
Regular

Postby Ed Boyd » Fri May 29, 2009 4:30 pm

I played their teles about 20 years ago. They were a better guitar than what Fender was making at the time. I don't know anything about their head banging stuff.
Ed Boyd
Regular

Postby CashWiley » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:31 pm

I've got a late 80s Edwards bass that was sitting around in their shop in Hollywood. Amazing neck, but the electronics (still) need an upgrade. Served me well through my days as a gigging pro, though. Great build quality, no idea how a bass intended for Japan ended up in my hands, but hey.
CashWiley
Regular

Return to Equipment Blues