Mixer?

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Mixer?

Postby Bournio » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:00 pm

Hey hey hey! It's crunch time! I'm after an at least 8 track mixer, preffereable with USB or firewire, hopefully under £300, any one got any experiances?

I want to use it live and in the studio, probably using the tracks for stomping, guitar, vocals, harmonica and occaisional piano.
Bournio
Regular

Re: Mixer?

Postby maxx england » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:40 pm

Have you been on Evilbay? Lots of stuff under 8 track mixer or 8 channel, affordable too if you've got up to £300. I have an 8 track Fostex 350 recording mixer here, but it's a bit scruffy and has no USB.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jaybee » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:28 pm

check out the Behringer range, they should have something like that in your price range
jaybee
Regular

Postby multisounds » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:03 am

Hi Folks,

Like jb said, Behringer mixers are cheap but good in my humble opinion. But you'll find the the "snubby" nose big end music shops won't stock them-so they told me about a year ago, but when I visited their shop the other day, guess what? They have just about every Behringer product in stock from effects to mixers!! How demand and times change!

cheers
Multi
multisounds
Regular

Postby Bournio » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:16 am

Yeah, i've been browsing and I'm leaning towards the M-audo NRV-10, it looks like it'll do, and if i start recording with a band it'll be nice to have the extra couple of tracks!
Bournio
Regular

Postby allanlummox » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:32 pm

Been getting a lot of use out of an Alesis Multimix 8.

Don't know that I've owned it long enough to give a real review, but so far it works well...although not ideal for the main use I'm putting it to, live broadcast...the channel strips go straight to the usb port without hitting the effects channel, so I can't use the reverbs or anything on my broadcasts.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Equipment Blues