Hi from the Lion City.

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Hi from the Lion City.

Postby cheap tequila » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:11 am

Hi everyone. :mrgreen:

I'm a Chinese from Singapore, oh, & don't ask me about gums & Michael Faye thing (if you are old enough to remember), but you can ask me about Pac-Rim guitars. I work in a music shop here. Major US & Canadian guitars are quite common in this place.

I'm here after reading the topic below & thought that I should join this forum. :mrgreen: It's fun.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9407

I happens to bump into this place when I was searching for lyrics on Sam Lightning Hopkins - Needed Time (aka Jesus won't you come by here?). Haven't found much yet. Got some free listening on a website that had the song cut about 1/3. Solo still intact. Eric Bibb's version is kinda different from his. :(

I'll post this in the appropriate place (any advice? :blink: ) to get more feedback. Lyrics is good nuff but if you like to share with me your version, thank a million, I figured it's played at E flat with D if capoed 1st & C if capoed 3rd. :wha:

Thank you all & Long Live the Blues. Say, I dig Winter, Hammond, Muddy etc, but mainly acoustic guitars. Yes & Neil Young.
cheap tequila
Regular

Re: Hi from the Lion City.

Postby ricochet » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:00 am

If that thread didn't run you off, you'll get along just fine here. Welcome!
ricochet
Regular

Postby cheap tequila » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:28 pm

Thank you Sir,

Nice beard on a fine gentleman. Reminds me Chang Fei, one of the military general in 'The 3 Kingdom' era.

http://features.cgsociety.org/newgaller ... _large.jpg

But you got much better smile than he does. Cheers.
cheap tequila
Regular

Postby maxx england » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:54 pm

He's probably as old too.

Welcome aboard.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:44 pm

Thanks! The beard had actually gotten considerably longer, but I shaved it all off 2 days ago. Time for a change. I just haven't gotten around to updating the avatar yet.
ricochet
Regular

Postby cheap tequila » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:37 am

ricochet wrote:Thanks! The beard had actually gotten considerably longer, but I shaved it all off 2 days ago. Time for a change. I just haven't gotten around to updating the avatar yet.

Hi maxx england & ricochet.
Don't change that avatar. You looks cool man. & maxx, thank for the welcome.
You guys can call me jim.
cheap tequila
Regular

Postby maxx england » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:45 pm

The rest of you can carry on calling him Mr Tequila :mrgreen:
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby zhyla » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:45 pm

Glad to see someone join who might have an educated opinion on Chinese guitar manufacturers.

Is blues popular in China at all?
zhyla
Site Admin

Postby cheap tequila » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:22 am

maxx england wrote:The rest of you can carry on calling him Mr Tequila :mrgreen:

Hi Maxx & Hello Zhyla.

Actually my user name is taken from a song title by Johnny Winter. Many user here had taken very Blues (always with a capital letter B) names & I was thinking, why not something from Johnny. "She's 19 years Old" did cross my mind but kinda long. That solo Muddy did 'live' is fantastic. Such feelings.

OK. I'm not from China. My parent's were. They were here about a decade before the japs invaded this country. I'm just a baby boomer who's raised on a regular dosage of western music (It's was a british colony til what? 1965?). The 'educated' opinion is just a little big for my head :mrgreen: . Just got used to do simple repairs & self taught mostly :oops: acoustic guitars. Looking at Utube, I don't know much about Blues following in China, but over here, they have a few clubs & a band that made it abord too.

http://www.ublues.com/band/

Earlier bands that did played in Rock concerts from the mid 60s were also very much involed in the Blues, well just a handful of dedicated ones. More below.

http://60spunk.m78.com/singaporean.html
http://www.earcandymag.com/octobercherries-2005.htm

This is not Blues, but I like it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6LRsI-o ... PL&index=6

Phew... got the feeling that I'm hogging too long on 'New Comer Introduction' place. Sorry.
cheap tequila
Regular

Postby TheDude » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:12 pm

Ni hao CheapTequila! Welcome to the board, lah! Want to talk singlish, also can! :lol:

My Mrs is Singaporean and we go back every year. Where's your shop, perhaps I know it?
TheDude
Regular

Postby cheap tequila » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:21 pm

Hi Dude. Ni Hao.
Guess You know Singapore Pretty well huh, n the only person who knows Singlish lor... clever ah you.
When was the last time you're there? Did you get to see the F1 night race?

I'm in 'Ranking' on the 3rd floor of Bras Basah complex. Same level as 'Swee Lee'.
Gimme a holler when you are in town, Dude.
cheap tequila
Regular

Postby TheDude » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:11 am

No, last time was July. Next time will be coming November. Can't wait... Wait till later in the evening, take a taxi to Lau Pa Sat and order some mutton & beef satay from stall 7 or 8 and a jug of Tiger. 8) Yum.
TheDude
Regular

Postby cheap tequila » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:48 am

Yo Dude, you really sounded like you are from my country for an Ang Moh like you. I have not met someone like you yet. :oops:
You know the place, the food & the beer so well. Guess you'd a great time here. Come on over during the Christmas light up & the Big Sales. You know what I mean, it's also much cooler.

P.M. me for more discussion if you like. Peace.
cheap tequila
Regular

Return to A Bit About You