Equipment needed for ministry

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Equipment needed for ministry

Postby Pastor Harmonica » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:24 pm

Hey gang, My music ministry called "From Harps To Halos" is in desparate need of a few things. First just to let you know we are an out reach ministry all of our money goes to that. We as musicians make nothing. So when it comes to equipment we ask for alot of help.
We are in need of a 16 to 24 channel mixer board. It can be used as long that it is in good working order. Also we need 2 or 3 floor monitors.
If any of you have any of these things and may consider parting with them please contact me by P.M. We are a non-profit organation. So if you need any tax write off papers we can provide that as well. (that would be for donation purposes only). I know you all have a good heart, with your help we can provide food and clothing and maybe pay an electric bill here and there for a few families less fortunate than most of us.
Thanks, PEACE Pastor Harmonica
Pastor Harmonica
Regular

Re: Equipment needed for ministry

Postby allanlummox » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:22 pm

"The Blues and God, What else do you need ? "

Handouts, apparently.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby cheap tequila » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:04 am

For the work of GOD, you WILL have it.
cheap tequila
Regular

Postby rustyslide » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:53 pm

allanlummox wrote:"The Blues and God, What else do you need ? "
Handouts, apparently.

"God is all knowing, all powerful, and he needs your money!"

I wish the forum software let me send people cake. I would send Dan a cake.
rustyslide
Site Admin

Postby allanlummox » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:24 pm

MMmm, Cake.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:02 pm

Hey guys, if us Christians mocked your lack of belief the way you mock our belief, you'd be seriously pissed. Just leave it go for what it is..let it pass. We're here for the music.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby allanlummox » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:27 pm

I wasn't mocking his beliefs. Hell, people get VIOLENT over religion - I'm not crazy.

It's using religion to get cash and other prizes that I take offense at.

He wants gear.

I want gear.

If god wants me to have gear, god will let me be strong, smart, and focused enough to earn it. Pretending that my desire to play the blues for the people is anything other than what it is would be shameful.

When I've played benefits, and volunteered my musical services through Bread and Roses, I've GIVEN of MYSELF - not used it as a way to get stuff I wanted.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:45 pm

I guess I didn't look at it that way Lummo, but I see where you're goin'. I thought it was a harmless request.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Pastor Harmonica » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:15 pm

Ok It seems that alot of you don't get it. So just drop the whole thing. I think I now know where alot of this forums members stand. So I am asking one of the administrators to please remove this subject from the forum. I guess that will make you guys happy!
Pastor Harmonica
Regular

Postby maxx england » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:36 pm

Let it stand. If people want to give, OK, if they don't, OK. I have an unused 12 track mixer, but it's here and 240V.

I am to receive soon, from a good friend, the loan of a nice amp since my Phoenix is unwell; I could therefore not justifiably criticize anyone for their actions in either giving or receiving help, so I won't, despite my personal unease at organised religion. But if Pastor is out there actually making the world a bit less unpleasant, lifting up them as are down, then that's what Christianity should mean. You carry on mate, just don't ask me to any prayer meetings, right?

Gentlemen, ladies, go in peace. Even Rico, who is certainly no gentleman.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby leftyguitarman » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:51 pm

I used to actually have a 16 channel board. I never used it and got it for free from my cousin. I didn't want to pack it into my car to move to Arizona because I knew I would never use it so I gave it away to my friend who does a lot of recording and stuff. If I wouldn't have given it to him I would've sent it you.
Last edited by leftyguitarman on Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby boogiechillun85 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:43 pm

jeffl wrote:Hey guys, if us Christians mocked your lack of belief the way you mock our belief, you'd be seriously pissed. Just leave it go for what it is..let it pass. We're here for the music.

I'm not really going to take a stand on the thread's topic.

That being said, I'm a Christian, and I've found it absolutely appalling how people have been ganged up on this forum for their 'lack of belief.' :roll:
boogiechillun85
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:11 pm

Hardly any of the guys I play music with are Christians, and we get along great. I'm not attackin' anybody for their lack of belief; I just don't wanna be ridiculed for my beliefs (which nobody has done here, directly to me at least). Jesus spent more time attacking hypocrites (people who don't act consistently with their beliefs) than anybody else. Lummo's very direct about his beliefs, and I'm more than fine with that. He won't B.S. you, and he's honest, and he's not insecure. I appreciate those qualities in anybody...Christian or not.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby cheap tequila » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:54 pm

Pastor Harmonica wrote:.... I think I now know where alot of this forums members stand. So I am asking one of the administrators to please remove this subject from the forum. I guess that will make you guys happy!

I'm on your side 'Pastor', but I'm thousands of miles away, working on 2 jobs, & I don't have what you want.
I just think that if you had more than enough, why not let someone have a little of what you are enjoying. You intention is to "help & provide food and clothing and maybe pay an electric bill here and there for a few families"
Asking the Admin to remove this thread is not necessary, why back off? aren't you suppose to improve the ministry musically?
I'm won't be any happier if the Admin take it off.

I know this is A BLUES FORUM & Religion have no place here, but in some nearby countries where I came from, & as long as you are not Asians, some extremists automatically associates you with Christianity. white OR looks like white = Christians. Get it? Even thou if you are a believer of other faith, those bombers don't give a damn. When they burn down churches, they won't go & check if it's Catholic, Presbyterians or 7 days etc. I'm not stirring up anything, These are FACTS over here in some neighboring countries. nuff said.

I believe in you, Harp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDFFh8ZSqV0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8jw-ifqwkM
cheap tequila
Regular

Postby JakeyVimto » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:01 am

As a member of a few internet boards, I'm just glad to see that this thread hasn't devolved to namecalling and insults. Its a rarer thing than i'd wish.

I really do think its cool that we can disagree without getting personal and bubba and lummo, if I could talk about my position re faith as reasonably as you guys, I'd be pretty fucking happy with myself. I wish it was common, but its pretty damn refreshing.

j
JakeyVimto
Regular

Next

Return to Equipment Blues