Any tips for selling music online?

The place for questions, answers, and tips for recording your music. This can be home recording or studio recording. This subject seems to come up on several other forums so we're giving it a home here.

Any tips for selling music online?

Postby howlinwolf » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:25 pm

Hi

Can anyone point me in the right direction for selling music online?

Thanks in advance!
:twisted:
howlinwolf
Regular

Re: Any tips for selling music online?

Postby allanlummox » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:26 pm

I've had good luck dealing with CD Baby. Just got another check from them, in fact!

http://cdbaby.com/
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby howlinwolf » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:11 am

Yep, I've had a look at that and it's good, but since I opened this thread I have found another, www.thelisteningzone.com they offer the recording artist 70% of monies taken and you get to set the price. Pretty cool. What does it cost for Baby and what are the splits?
howlinwolf
Regular

Postby allanlummox » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:01 pm

Check out their website for details. If you're only moving downloads, you may not need CD Baby, who handle both downloads and physical CD's.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bournio » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:56 pm

howlinwolf wrote:Yep, I've had a look at that and it's good, but since I opened this thread I have found another, http://www.thelisteningzone.com they offer the recording artist 70% of monies taken and you get to set the price. Pretty cool. What does it cost for Baby and what are the splits?

the small print seems dodgy with that...
sellers terms wrote:Upon expiration of the free 30-day trial we thereafter offer existing Members fifty percent (70%) of our net proceeds for every download of Members individual Content.

If you want to properly sell music, look out for a distribution company that sells your music on I-tunes, rhapsody, Napster and stuff... Rather than directly, I'm not in my room at the mo, but I can check for some companies that I had to research and post them up later on!
Bournio
Regular

Return to Recording