Tom Ball article: Microphones and the Acoustic Harmonica

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

Tom Ball article: Microphones and the Acoustic Harmonica

Postby harmonicatunes » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:50 pm

Tom Ball has kindly donated an article for my Harmonica Academy library, entitled "Microphones and the Acoustic Harmonica - Getting a Good Stage and Studio Sound"

Tom is a West Coast based harmonica master, half of the Tom Ball Kenny Sultan duo, and author of many instruction books, including the excellent "Sourcebook of Little Walter / Big Walter Licks for Blues Harmonica"

"The Internet seems to be full of articles and advice for the amplified harp player, but there is a real dearth of information on micing the acoustic harmonica. In this column I'd like to pass along a few tips and tricks I learned the hard way, in hopes of making things a bit easier for other acoustic players..."

For the remainder of Tom's article, click here

http://www.harmonicaacademy.com/categories/20090121
harmonicatunes
Regular

Re: Tom Ball article: Microphones and the Acoustic Harmonica

Postby gheumann » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:32 pm

A great article - very useful info. Getting good acoustic tone through a PA can be challenging at first - especially if you don't have control over the sound board. Shameless self-promotion plug: My new Ultimate Mics make GREAT acoustic mics, whether mic-standed or hand held. If you sing and play through the same mic, the built in volume control can really be handy.
gheumann
Regular

Re: Tom Ball article: Microphones and the Acoustic Harmonica

Postby harmonicatunes » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:08 am

The shameless plug is fine. Your gear is much liked by harmonica players, and used by some of the best.
harmonicatunes
Regular

Return to Blues Harp