`fender blues jr

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

Re: `fender blues jr

Postby bullet len » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:15 am

I own one of the Tweed Blues Jr Amps with the Jensen speaker and it's awesome for harp.
It breaks up really well and it gets loud before feedback. I haven't had to swap any tubes at all.
The sweet Fender spring reverb is a huge bonus!
I've played a few gigs with it and it's loud enough to hear yourself, but any amp can be put through a PA anyway.
I've tried some different mics with the Blues Jr and it seems to like Dynamics more than crystals or cr/cm.
I play my Shure 545 Unidyne and my Shure 585 Unisphere through it and it sings!
bullet len
Regular

Postby jeffl » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:58 pm

I've tried one of those with a bullet and delay and the only thing that bothered me was the loud hum on the one I played through. Does your amp hum abnormally? I like the sound of the amp fine, and the output, overall size, looks, and controls are nice as well.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby lpdeluxe » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:11 pm

jeffl wrote:I've tried one of those with a bullet and delay and the only thing that bothered me was the loud hum on the one I played through. Does your amp hum abnormally? I like the sound of the amp fine, and the output, overall size, looks, and controls are nice as well.

A loud hum is a sign that something's wrong, for example a loose tube or a bad ground. My BJ doesn't hum. Blues Jr amps are notorious for being shipped with loose tubes (mine had one empty socket -- I later found the tube stuck to the speaker magnet -- but once I replaced the tube all was, and continues to be, well).
lpdeluxe
Regular

Postby dcblues » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:16 pm

My BJ doesn't hum

Given the maturity level of the average poster here, you should really avoid writing things like that. :twisted:
dcblues
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:53 pm

Something like that can give you the blues.
ricochet
Regular

Previous

Return to Blues Harp