New Guitar Player Moving to Key West Need Harp

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

New Guitar Player Moving to Key West Need Harp

Postby Bobby Ray Bishop » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:15 am

I am an experienced Blues Guitar Player soon to be relocating to Key West.....I need a harp player to start a band with. I have made a record with Mark Hummel and Gary Primich(RIP)...Please contact me at will.
Bobby Ray Bishop
Regular

Re: New Guitar Player Moving to Key West Need Harp

Postby dcblues » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:59 am

I was in Key West a couple of weeks ago, and there's not much of a blues scene there. The only bands/solo artists I saw were playing in bars, doing rock covers for tourists.

I have a good friend there who plays blues guitar. He might be able to point you in the right direction. Send me a message and I can get him in touch with you.

I play harp, and if I could live in Key West and make a living playing, I would move there!
dcblues
Contributor
Contributor

Re: New Guitar Player Moving to Key West Need Harp

Postby Bobby Ray Bishop » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:35 am

I know this is a problem. I am going for work. Hope I can play enough to satisfy without having to drive up into the Lauderdale area. If I can start the Key West Blues society, secure a large donation. I can bring some friends ( Fruteland Jackson, JW-Jones etc) into town for the Blues in The Schools Program and out of pocket a band. Key West Blues Fest also sounds fun. If you know of anyone that may be able to help, send them my way. Thanks
Bobby Ray Bishop
Regular

Return to About Gigs