Vibrotoning on the harp

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

Vibrotoning on the harp

Postby watertore » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:39 pm

Hi All: My main vocal/harp preamp-an old altec 1592A mixer- has been in the shop for over 6 months getting totally restored. I have been missing it a lot and found another in great shape the other day. I eagerly hooked it up a few minutes ago and did this song with it. Man I love this preamp in combo with a Beyerdynamic M500 ribbon mic. Having the altec, I was able move the pre amp I was using on vocals -Universal Audio 610- to the guitar cabinet.
This is an overdubbed 1 man band song. First I laid down the drums and guitar. Second, a bass line on the guitar, and last the harp. I have to start practicing my hand held harp more because I will playing the Bean Blossom Blues and BBQ festival this year and that is a harp lovers dream gig. Walter

Vibrotoning on the Harp click link below
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Vibrotoning on the harp

Postby jeffl » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:12 pm

Bartender, double scotches around for the band please! Walter, way to shape those notes baby.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby watertore » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:46 pm

thanks bubba! I miss having a band behind me so I can just blow harp. My hard head is sofeting some lately and I am messing around with laying down my own tracks and overdubbing on them. Take care. Walter
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am

I've always preferred to jus' play harp behind a band Walter, but that might be because singin' & harpin' have their conflicts and nobody's hollerin' to get me to sing,lol! Solo acts, one man bands, duos, trios, bands.... they've all got their advantages. Mebbe ya' oughta give yourself the flexibility to jus' play more of what you've often done in the past: occasionally throw in those "call and response" harp and vocal tunes and then go back to all the other stuff you do so well, with the one man band stuff. You carry all your stuff off well Walter, so people are gonna give you some freedom.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby watertore » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:50 am

jeffl wrote:I've always preferred to jus' play harp behind a band Walter, but that might be because singin' & harpin' have their conflicts and nobody's hollerin' to get me to sing,lol! Solo acts, one man bands, duos, trios, bands.... they've all got their advantages. Mebbe ya' oughta give yourself the flexibility to jus' play more of what you've often done in the past: occasionally throw in those "call and response" harp and vocal tunes and then go back to all the other stuff you do so well, with the one man band stuff. You carry all your stuff off well Walter, so people are gonna give you some freedom.

Thanks and will do! Walter
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Postby OldWailer » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:22 pm

Great job! I really enjoyed the music!
OldWailer
Regular

Postby watertore » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:48 pm

thanks OldWailer! I am going to change the name on one of those songs to donald ducking on the harp. My friend heard it and said it sounded like donald duck, and later my wife said the same thing. I never thought that till I listened again with that thought in mind. Walter
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Blues Harp