What's it worth

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

What's it worth

Postby Pastor Harmonica » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:37 pm

I had a original hammond B3 given to me about 6 months ago. It is in excelent shape and came with the lesile speaker also. the speaker cabinet in about 4ft tall and 2ft square. This plays really nice. What's it worth ?
Pastor Harmonica
Regular

Re: What's it worth

Postby texas blues » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:53 pm

Send it to me and I'll give it my personal appraisel.

Cheers, TB.
texas blues
Regular

Postby grady » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:56 pm

Check this out

http://www.keyboardexchange.com/inventory.html

and as you probably already know, an item is only worth what someone is willing to give you for it. If you have a item that books for $12,000.00 but no one will give you more than $8,000.00 for it then, it's worth $8,000.00
grady
Regular

Postby Pastor Harmonica » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:20 am

Soory guys I just went and looked at it. and it is a 1975 porta b, not a b3
Pastor Harmonica
Regular

Postby 1armbandit » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:48 pm

Ricochet is one of our Hammond experts maybe he can give you an idea on the porta-B. Does it have drawbars, tube amps?
I have an L-100. Spinet size, tube amps with a real tone wheel generator. Still not worth anything compared to a B-3.

Jack
1armbandit
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:32 pm

Basically it's worth what someone wants to pay for it. The really valuable Hammonds are the B-3s and C-3s, the A-100s. and to a lesser extent the earlier B series. M-3s have gone from being worthless to being worth several hundred dollars. That's the "Baby B-3." Beware that most B-3s that pop up on the market are very badly worn out and abused, faked ones made from A-100 innards put in older B cabinets, or both.
ricochet
Regular

Postby Bournio » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:06 pm

Genuinely abuse it like Keith Emerson and sell it on ebay...

"One careful owner, perfect condition except the knife holes, rattle-y electronics and loose bits..." "slight fire damage"
Bournio
Regular

Postby jeffl » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:02 pm

I stopped into a music store in Northern Minnesota last week and saw that they had a B-2 gatherin' dust up against one wall. The store owner gigs and I asked him about it. He said all the guys in his band were older and nobody wanted to help lug it anymore,lol! I tossed a Farfisa MiniCompact Duo organ into the dumpster for the same reason a few years back, and that thing prob'ly only weighed a hundred pounds.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:59 pm

You've got to be dedicated to lug a Hammond B and a Leslie or two to gigs. Especially the ones up or down stairs.
ricochet
Regular

Postby jeffl » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:31 pm

'Ja ever see Leon Russell's gig rig..? It's about the size of a Thomas Theatre Organ and it sits in a big metal touring case about the size of a VW Microbus! BTW, if ya' google on Hammond B-3's for sale, you might stumble on a seller from the Southern U.S. who stocks a ton of real nice used ones. A few years ago, when I last searched, it seems like he had 'em all priced between $4500 and $12k, but those were nice units that apparently hadn't been gigged. I think it might be http://www.keyboardexchange.com
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Ed Boyd » Sun May 10, 2009 1:54 am

1armbandit wrote:Ricochet is one of our Hammond experts maybe he can give you an idea on the porta-B. Does it have drawbars, tube amps?
I have an L-100. Spinet size, tube amps with a real tone wheel generator. Still not worth anything compared to a B-3.

Jack

The Porta-B is basically a L-100 made into a portable rig. It is still heavier than heck. Since it is spinet it doesn't have foldback but it sounds nice. It sounds like an L-100. :lol:

What it is worth depends on if you have any buyers. Right now that stuff is bringing good money in overseas. Foreign countries seem to still have good taste in music. :lol:

I just saw a good clean M-3 given away fo free. I didn't want I already have too many organs. Our drummer who used to be an organ tech bought one for $20 to play with. That same M-3 would have brought good money in Europe.

What model Leslie. Good clean tube amp 2 speed Leslies are bringing good money if you are in an area wih a market.
Ed Boyd
Regular

Return to Equipment Blues