searching for minor harps

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

searching for minor harps

Postby Pastor Harmonica » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:34 am

Hey Harpos, I'm looking for a cheap set of minor harps. I play mostly blues. I also play some bluegrass and that requires alot of minor keys. The pastor is needs help!
Pastor Harmonica
Regular

Re: searching for minor harps

Postby ricochet » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:51 am

Check here, and ask if you don't see them:
http://coast2coastmusic.com/
ricochet
Regular

Postby Pastor Harmonica » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:47 pm

No luck Recochet,They only sell them separate. I called them also but they had no idea where I could get them as a set. I saw some on a web page one time from sweaden I think but have not been able to find it agian, They were like 150 usd for the set of 12, Off brand of course but I figure if the company makes minor keys as well as majors they can't be that bad. just got to keep searchng. Bummer, I got the BLUES over playing the blues.
Pastor Harmonica
Regular

Postby jbone1 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:48 am

just a related question pastor:

do you play in third or slant position at all? this is a position that lends itself well to many styles of music due in part to all the minor notes available.
jbone1
Regular

Postby Pastor Harmonica » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:57 pm

Yes i do play 3rd position and some slant but i'm looking for full flexibility of minor keys. I've been asked to do alot of solos lately and really would feel more at ease if i had full range of what ever harp i'm using. There is alot of competition in this area and you got to have an edge. Most of the other harp players around don't carry minors.
Pastor Harmonica
Regular

Postby jbone1 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:26 am

one other idea for you if you're planning to play minors a lot is, lee oskar. their harps are durable as all gitout, though admittedly a bit pricey on the front end. but i like a harp i can replace reed plates on. maybe get one or two at a time starting with the most-used keys, and get good harps, build a set over time?
jbone1
Regular

Return to Blues Harp