my entries for the bushman world harmonica contest

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

my entries for the bushman world harmonica contest

Postby watertore » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:52 am

Hi All: I recorded 2 solo harp/vocal songs today and got them up to youtube and off to John. I too often forget how much fun I have just playing the harp solo. I played these real light on the breath. Hope you enjoy them. I am going to sit down and drink some wine now. I have the next two weeks off and man am I ready. The vacations are a great perk to being a school teacher. Walter

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=IM1nEmVBf ... re=channel

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf-j6-yZN ... re=channel
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Re: my entries for the bushman world harmonica contest

Postby jeffl » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:07 pm

You're a trip Walter! I don't think I've ever heard you that jacked up before. It seemed like your circuits were overloadin',lol! I didn't get the impression you were lettin' it flow as easily as you do most of the time I always like your stuff though-- you play with alotta intensity..everybody gets their money's worth. You look good too. Is that a new hat and jacket? That jacket's cut nice.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Re: my entries for the bushman world harmonica contest

Postby watertore » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:38 pm

jeffl wrote:You're a trip Walter! I don't think I've ever heard you that jacked up before. It seemed like your circuits were overloadin',lol! I didn't get the impression you were lettin' it flow as easily as you do most of the time I always like your stuff though-- you play with alotta intensity..everybody gets their money's worth. You look good too. Is that a new hat and jacket? That jacket's cut nice.

Hi Bubba: thanks for checking it out. I often tend to play this way live when soloing on harp. I wasn't blowing very hard, but holding back the breath very hard. That, for me at least, makes for some fun stuff. You get a ton of air built up and ease out just a fraction of it. Kind of like a high pressure hose just letting a trickle out. I use alot of my martial art training in that respect. When I put those headphones on in my studio, I tend to play much more laid back I think mainly because you hear everything so intensly. I don't know. Either way, I was in such a mood yesterday :P I bought a couple of those suits for playing festivals this past summer. I did notice that on the drinking disease video, you can see my jeans on underneath the coat. The camera only would do waist up with the small space I have, so I figured why put the whole suit on, but then I kicked my knee up :D . You should enter the contest. There are some killer prizes. Take care. Walter

here is the whole suit
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Blues Harp