I think its Good News!!

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

I think its Good News!!

Postby 601blues » Thu May 04, 2006 11:06 am

Yesterday, I recieved a call,from a very well known artist,with a couple of gold records under his Belt,He is doin a new CD to be released by Arista,We spent about an hr. on da phone,and he wants me to join him in this project,that would mean I would have to go to New York,for the recordin sessions,I would have the freedom to suggest things and introduce some new material into the mix,he asked if it would be somphin I would consider,Well yes! was my reply!!He wants me to bring some southern style blues to the sound,has listened to my stuff and feels it would fit right in,He is wanting to do a total blues CD,He has some serious health issues,and feels this will be his last project,so he wants to make a big statement!The next step, from what I understand, On the 15th of may he will be meeting with Arista,and the eng,and producer,and thats when they select the music team,and he sez he is going to DEMAND,that Iam there,GEZZ!!So I will get an offer from Arista,and have to nego,my contract with them, so I will just wait as see,I will tell every one his name, if and when it is resolved.
601blues
Regular

RE: I think its Good News!!

Postby stumblin » Thu May 04, 2006 11:17 am

Sounds like good news to me.
Have fun :)
stumblin
Regular

Postby mickeypainless » Thu May 04, 2006 12:46 pm

VERY cool!
mickeypainless
Contributor
Contributor

Postby warren » Thu May 04, 2006 12:54 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON May-04-06 AT 08:55 AM (EST)]hey 601....glad to here you and you know who are going to get together....i think you guys will be awesome together. After talking with him myself i can tell he is excited about the project because of his demand of being in control of the music. Sounds like they are letting him so far!

congrats man, now just because you go and get all famous on us doesn't mean i won't still take you up on your invite up to mississippi for some of that deer sausage and cornbread!

ww
warren
Regular

Postby 601blues » Thu May 04, 2006 1:11 pm

Man whatcha waitin fer!! anytime!!as far as the project,Iam not letting myself get to exicited right now! however after the 15th we will see, but it seems like a go, but you nebber Know!!But I felt a lot more confident after the conversation yesterday afternoon!!And he is a super guy as well!! and I would really work hard on makin him shine for sure!! Keep our fingers crossed!! And Thanks Warren for your positive comments!!!
601blues
Regular

Postby ricochet » Thu May 04, 2006 4:00 pm

Sure sounds like good news to me, too. Congratulations, 601!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
ricochet
Regular

Postby 601blues » Thu May 04, 2006 4:19 pm

Thanks, Rico, time will tell, Like I said after th 15th, heck Iam gittin skeerd!!
601blues
Regular

Postby watertore » Thu May 04, 2006 6:33 pm

congragulations! I llok forward to hearing what happens! Walter
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Postby lorilu » Fri May 05, 2006 12:12 am

Ohmigod!!! Way too exciting!!! Big hugs. Are you gonna stop talking to us after this? I am sososo excited for you. (I didn't know Warren was so well connected.) Actually, I have no clue who this might be but it is obviously someone you respect and admire and who respects and admires you in return so what could be better than that. I'll be waiting to hear on the 15th so don't forget about us little folk.
lorilu
Regular

Postby warren » Fri May 05, 2006 12:31 am

>(I didn't know Warren was so well connected.)
not really connected but have been fortunate to "meet" some very cool people through the internet and hopefully soon in person...if things work out.

ww
warren
Regular

Postby 601blues » Fri May 05, 2006 1:24 am

Let me say dis wif out any mis understandin, I respect a lot of peeps,but most of all I respect muh self,The only diff between the ones you wanna be and you is promotion,so what!! iam skeerd in a way but not of ARISTA or the Guy Iam gonna be or might be workin wif but the fear of loosing me!!Now as an Indy artist I can do what I want!! when I want!! how I want!! understand????
601blues
Regular

Postby fat paul » Sat May 06, 2006 2:44 am

601 you are in this position because you belong there. Congrats and enjoy the ride
fat paul
fat paul
Regular

Postby grady » Sat May 06, 2006 4:57 am

Congrats Dude !!!

After the deal is done, you'll have to give us the Details.
grady
Regular

Postby jellyroll baker » Sat May 06, 2006 12:57 pm

Sounds like better than good news to my ears!

This is a rare opportunity. be sure you make the most of it.
jellyroll baker
Contributor
Contributor

Postby warren » Sat May 06, 2006 1:15 pm

hey 601....maybe we'll here some of that new national of yours on the cd....i still want one of those really bad!

ww
warren
Regular

Next

Return to About Gigs