National Style One Tricone and Schatten

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

National Style One Tricone and Schatten

Postby bluezguy » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:15 pm

Howdy Folks,

The time has come where I can no longer stand still in front of a Neumann km184 mike. My ripe old age farts }> have me movin' around more on stage (much to my players horror) and that means....TRANSDUCER TIME!!!!
I have a Schatten in my Martin D-35 and I personally called Mr. Schatten in Kitchener Ontario Canada to thank him for his product...in my opinion - and my emptied wallet's opinion (empty because I've tried the Fishmans and Highlanders to no real stimuli achieved), it has blown the competition away...an awesome acoustic pup!!!
Schatten makes a TC Passive Resonator pickup for Tricones...has anybody been able to test, hear, feel, see, or mount one???
bluezguy
Regular

RE: National Style One Tricone and Schatten

Postby bluesmcgoo » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:53 pm

Hey Shovel!

Bottleneck John, who posts here and over at the IGS Forum, has one installed in his tricone.

I believe he's touring through the US at the moment, but maybe he'll check in.
bluesmcgoo
Contributor
Contributor

RE: National Style One Tricone and Schatten

Postby bluezguy » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:04 pm

Hey McGoo,

Thanks for the info! BTW... Church Blues sounds like your playing 5 feet away from me. What a GREAT recording quality/song.. what was your recording medium for that song? I know the tricone's inherent sound has a lot to do with it but the player does probably even more.

PS - sorry to bug ya! I know you anti-social types... ;-)
bluezguy
Regular

Return to Equipment Blues