Roland spiffin' Joe Walsh?

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Roland spiffin' Joe Walsh?

Postby jeffl » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:35 pm

A promo from the Eagles tour: mention of Joe Walsh playin' four Roland Cube 60s,and warmin' up in the dressing room with a Roland Micro-Cube. His main amp,he sez,is an old orange Roland Cube,painted black. I don't know about his amps,but judging from the pics,Joe needs a new wardrobe; he's wearin' stuff that looks like he wore it to campfires with the surfer dudes in the 70's.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

RE: Roland spiffin' Joe Walsh?

Postby fred » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:36 am

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Dec-09-05 AT 08:44 PM (EST)]Hey Bubba! Talkin Joe--did you catch a clip of JW & JTaylor together in Dallas, 2004?

home.earthlink.net/~drpr/showpicf.htm

Spellbinding for this ole man!! Cheers!

ps--I can't seem to get html to chg to hypertext. Just google joe walsh, james taylor, dallas for some pics.
fred
Contributor
Contributor

Postby songdog » Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:45 am

Hey, I was there!

That was a great little set that Joe and Taylor did. Joe also did a couple of his own numbers.... Walk Away, Funk 49, Rocky Mountain Way.

Great as usual and his one-line'rs kept the melting crowd (105 degrees inside the Cotton Bowl) in good spirits.

"If I'd known I was gonna have to play one song over and over for the rest of my life (referring to Rocky MOuntain Way), I would've written a different song." Jow Walsh
songdog
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:37 pm

I wish I woulda caught that show. When I read the promo though, I couldn't help wonderin' how many shows that guy has warmed up for. He's been in the bigtime for a longtime.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bosco » Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:43 pm

Here's some ramdom quips since we've started a Joe blog-

Joe and Duane Allman share the same birthday, with Duane having been born one year earlier- Nov 20, 1946, and Joe Nov 20, 1947.

I saw the Eagles in Dec, 1976 in Ann Arbor, Michigan. It was the first Eagle's tour with Joe and "Hotel California" was about to be released in Jan, 77. Crisler Arena, where U of M plays basketball, is basically a circular structure, a huge bowl if you will.

Joe played four of his songs, (Funk 49, Rocky Mt Way, Turn to Stone and Walk Away.) Before he did his mini-set, Joe said "I'm gonna dedicate all of my songs to the people in back who can't see sh*t!" They turned the house lights on behind the stage and the cheap seats went nuts. He turned his mic stand around and proceeded to play 4 songs with his back to 10,000 people. Awesome! Talk about a working man's hero!

Best concert I ever saw, out of hundreds. Period.

Bosco
bosco
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Equipment Blues