Epiphone Valve Amp line

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

RE: Epiphone Valve Amp line

Postby trguitar » Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:25 pm

This morning all digital effects in my Epi Valve Special quit working including the reverb. Light comes on, hums a little more, no effects. The amp works, still sounds good, just no effects. Nearest warranty center 4 hours away. Guess I'm screwed with the price of gas considering it's a $219 amp. 20 gallons of gas to drop it off, 20 to pick it up ..... 40 gallons at $2.38 a gallon ..... $95 to get warranty work done on a $219 amp. I don't think so. Will have to live with it.
trguitar
Regular

Postby sloth » Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:44 pm

I was at GC yesterday and I almost walked out with the JR. I had a question though...are these actual tube amps or valvestate amps? I saw the 12ax7 but no power tube. I was under the impression that they were all tube.

If that is the case, I would almost be more prone to go with the new Vox valvetronix line. They looked a lot better, and I have always liked their little amps.

Anyways..I ended up going to my local shop and getting a top of the line SKB pedalboard used for $75 and a new stereo flanger so I could run my Sovtek and Ugly together.

Maybe I'll do some more investigating and pick one up at Christmas.
sloth
Regular

Postby trguitar » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:22 pm

Oh they are all tube. The Junior has one pre amp and one power amp tube. My Special has 2 preamp and one poweramp tube ... and no DSP or reverb anymore. :(
trguitar
Regular

Postby savage » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:49 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Nov-26-05 AT 04:49 PM (EST)]>I was at GC yesterday and I almost walked out with the JR.

yes, theyre havin another sale already for christmas I believe. If my wallet can withstand the blow, I may pick ona the epi valves up soon. I really liked the sound of the standard.
savage
Regular

Postby ricochet » Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:41 pm

Yeah, the added effects are sand tech, but the main amp's all tube. In the case of the Junior, there's nothing but tube stuff, a 12AX7 and an EL84. That's one I know how to fix if it craps out. I can't do anything with DSPs and such, other than replacing a board.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
ricochet
Regular

Postby grady » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:57 pm

Just an Update on my Epiphone Valve Standard,,,,

I've been using it to gig with 2-4 times a week since I got it.
I've left it out in the car in freezing weather for 3-4 days at a time.

It still works perfectly.
It has no "hiss,,Hum,,Static" or anything.

I love it.

I think it may be my favorite amp I've ever owned.
grady
Regular

Postby ricochet » Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:03 am

I love my little Valve Junior, but my favorite amp of all is my little Electar Tube 10.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
ricochet
Regular

Previous

Return to Equipment Blues