Digitech DF-7 Review

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Digitech DF-7 Review

Postby sloth » Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:40 pm

Well for those of you who like to rock out on occasion and play a little dirty electric, I recieved this little pedal yesterday for an early Christmas present.

Harmony Central gives it pretty poor ratings for a Digitech, so I thought I would clear this up a little.

The DF-7 has 7 pedals emulated in it. The TS-9, A DOD preamp, Boss DS-1, Pro Co Rat, Boss Metalzone, Digitech Metal Master, and the Bigg Muff PI.
I have played through the majority of these petals separately.

The pedal also features its own EQ control, so it is dual knobbed across the top. My only complaint is that you have to tweak the knobs for each pedal mode. They don't have universal tone across the board without tweaking. HOWEVER, if you record and run the pedal into a mixing board the EQ doubles as a speaker emulator.

The people at Digitech are genius. The pedals all sound great. I am going to try pulling my GE-7 and placing it on the other side of the Digitech to double EQ, because they both seem to be conflicting right now. But if you want some options and only have about $100. Pick it up. Its totally worth it to get the TS-9, Big Muff, and DS-1 in the same pedal. Built like a tank too. Keep in mind that I run it through a single channel tube.

Anyways, I have a new myspace project I am working on where I am doing some harder/nastier slide work, I will get some clips of it.
sloth
Regular

Return to Equipment Blues