50th Anniversay Golden Strat

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

50th Anniversay Golden Strat

Postby herb_ransburg » Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:09 pm

Anyone out there play one of these? I was looking at guy's Robert Cray Strat the other day and ran across the 50th Anniversay Golden Strat. I looks great. No one local has one of the 50th, but I can get my hands on a Robert Cray to play. Anyone compare the two before? Comments and opinions?

I am combing Fender sites to learn a bit more about the major differences between the Strat models and the whole pickup scene. Lots of info to say the least and lots of opinions on the models.

Once again, I seem to get better feedback from the folks here than any other site so I welcome any commentary about the Strats mentioned aboved, or others in their price range.

Thanks!
herb_ransburg
Regular

RE: 50th Anniversay Golden Strat

Postby trguitar » Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:22 pm

Well, haven't played the gold one, but my brother-inlaw has the 25th anniversary silver one. Sorry to say I'm not impressed, I like my early 90's MIM model better if you can believe it. The thing is a collectors item and must be worth $$$ though.
trguitar
Regular

RE: 50th Anniversay Golden Strat

Postby deltablues57 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:03 pm

Actually I played a gold 50th anniversary strat at Sam Ash music yesterday. This one was a MIM not American. I really liked the finish and feel. It played like butter. I would have to giv it a 9 on fit and finish. It sounded pretty good but I was playing it through a small crappy Peavey amp. Also there were a couple of "non players" testing out the Marshall stack sitting across from me so it was a little tough to tell. I would not hesitate buying the Strat if I was in the market. It was beautiful, played real nice and (I think) it sounded good...Delta
deltablues57
Regular

Return to Equipment Blues