Fender Bronco tube amp?

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Fender Bronco tube amp?

Postby bluesdoxiega1 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:27 pm

Has anyone had the chance to try one of these?
bluesdoxiega1
Regular

RE: Fender Bronco tube amp?

Postby deltablues57 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:36 am

The Fender Bronco is NOT a tube amp. It is solid-state(transistor). Have not tried it. If you want a small 15 watt amp that kicks ass get a Fender Pro Junior. Great tube amp for $300 new. Check e-bay...Delta
deltablues57
Regular

Postby roy bluesboy » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:51 pm

Deltablues57 is partially correct. There IS a Fender Bronco tube amp that was mad in the 60's - it is like a vibro champ & they sound just as good as them. The NEW bronco's are solid state junk though. If you want good low volume tone the epiphone valve jr. is quite nice for the money. Roy BB
roy bluesboy
Regular

Postby jeffl » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:19 pm

Musician's Friend (.com) is selling off some Blues Jr. and Pro.Jr. blems at reasonable prices right now,if you like either one of those. I've played harp through both of 'em,and I'd own either one without complaining,for the price. Grady made a negative remark about one of 'em in a recent thread,but I don't know if he's talkin' about playin' an electric guitar through it, or what....
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby deltablues57 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:47 am

Thanks for correcting me Roy. I was not aware that Fender also had a tube Bronco...Delta
deltablues57
Regular

Fender Bronco tube amp?

Postby bluesdoxiega1 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:13 am

Just to clarify, I was looking for a tube amp that I could play the harmonica through. I also play the electric guitar a little (very little!)

I did check the clearance section of Musician's Friend, but whenever I clicked on an item I wanted, it said there were no blemished items available.

I went to my local GC about 30 min before they closed for New Year's Eve. They had a Fender Pro Junior floor model marked for clearance for $230. Played a guitar through it and liked the sound. Figured I couldn't go wrong for that price, I can always resell it if I wanted to trade up later on. Plus it has a 30 day guarantee, so if it dies or I develop a dislike for it, I can take it back.
bluesdoxiega1
Regular

Return to Equipment Blues