Robin Bibi jams

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

Robin Bibi jams

Postby maxx england » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:13 am

Got up on stage Saturday and Sunday at Swanage, spent what felt like a long time there, enjoyed it more than a great big bag of enjoyable things. The Great Marko video'd the saturday afternoon, so I'll find out if he can post on youtube or Myspace or whatever.

Jakey, they were crying out for bass players, and you had to make do with Spain, sad, ain't it? :mrgreen:
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Robin Bibi jams

Postby JakeyVimto » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:26 am

Maxx , Ive told you, I cant play blues bass, that requires KNOWLEDGE. Of SCALES and other foreign, scary notions.

Its a shame I missed it, it sounds like fun. Course, I was sitting around on the patio of the villa we stayed at most evenings, having a beer and playing some little improvised little boogies on my cheap travel guitar to my 3 yo neice while the sun set over the Mediterranian.

But I'll be down to Swanage in March likely. Oh and before I went away I had a little windfall, and found a 'b' stock republic reso online for cheap. So will be trying to put down a set of twanginess and hollering in time for the next party.

Was the pub any less crowded this time?

I'm glad it was good though,
j
JakeyVimto
Regular

Postby maxx england » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:21 pm

It was getting to the "bring a spare pint" level most places, belting atmosphere, got bought drinks, one even off a young lady :mrgreen: who pressed lovely and close up against me. I like Swanage.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby pj_white11 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:04 am

Check this blues girl out...her orriginal song...shes smokin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-0IRomqcnI
pj_white11
Regular

Postby pj_white11 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:05 am

Check this chick out...she can rock http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-0IRomqcnI
pj_white11
Regular

Postby ricochet » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:07 am

More "viral marketing" spam...
ricochet
Regular

Postby mike932 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:51 am

Who does the song "Queen of the trailer Park"? A place hurting for bass players? Prepare for an Exodus of mercenary U.S. bass players Maxx.
mike932
Regular

Postby maxx england » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:33 am

Compact little town, most places within easy staggering distance of each other. If you make a week of it, you can go to Bournemouth (holiday town, bit over the top for me) or Weymouth (smaller holiday town and port, cheaper and in some indefinably scruffy way, more English).

The airport is at Bournemouth, Jakey can give travel timings from there. It took him less time to fly from Prestwick than it did to get into Swanage. If you're not used to UK traffic rules and our little country roads, you might leave out car hire. Buses down there are probably good compared to the USA from what people have said, but not to the same level as urban Birmingham.

Loads of scenic and archaeology, rock hunters will be in heaven, this being the Jurassic Coast. There's even oil wells at Kimmeridge if anyone feels lonely for Texas.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bluemoose » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:01 pm

pj_white11 wrote:Check this chick out...she can rock http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-0IRomqcnI

Opal Blue is not bad...someone should shoot the harp player though. Classic example of what not to do.

moose.
bluemoose
Regular

Return to About Gigs