I'm all hung up

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

I'm all hung up

Postby 1four5 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:21 am

So...my Mother-in-Law and Wife's sister gives me a wad of money for Christmas...and say "you HAVE to spend it at the music store". I LOVE Them :) Well, not enough for a new instrument, but a pretty good wad of doe. First thing I got was an Intellitouch backlit black (I love my white, but it was hard to see in darker lit places). So now i don't know what to get with the rest...as I'm checking out guitars and taking them down then putting them back up on the wall...then it hit me! I'm NOT one to ever put my instruments in a case. Cases are for hauling them somewhere. So I have guitars leaning against the wall, or in stands, or on the couch...whatever or where ever. Not no more! I got wall hangers. An unused corner in my basement is now my instrument's home...and they are safe from clumbsy old farts like me tripping over them, or cat's knocking them over, or banging them with the vaccume, etc. It's one of those "why the hell didn't I do this sooner" type of things. I got the "string swing" brand, which was the same thing they use at the music store.
http://www.ukeblue.com/guitarwall.jpg
1four5
Regular

RE: I'm all hung up

Postby ricochet » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:00 am

Nice!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
ricochet
Regular

Postby warren » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:30 am

cool....i use string swings too and love them!

http://www.wordsandpictures.com/string-swings.jpg

makes it easy to just grab a guitar and start to play

ww
warren
Regular

Postby savage » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:35 am

thats a fairly colorful room ya got there warren. I like the rug.
savage
Regular

Postby cheyenne » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:56 am

Warren, that is the coolest little sitting room!
I really like it.

>cool....i use string swings too and love them!
>
>http://www.wordsandpictures.com/string-swings.jpg
>
>makes it easy to just grab a guitar and start to play
>
>ww
cheyenne
Regular

Postby warren » Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:18 am

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Dec-30-05 AT 04:19 AM (EST)]thanks....it used to be a formal dining room (which we never used) so we created a music room to inspire our kids to play (6 and 9) and they love it! We spend lots of time in there. Here are few more pics on my .mac website.

http://homepage.mac.com/warren0728/PhotoAlbum14.html

just click a thumbnail for a larger view

ww
warren
Regular

Postby trguitar » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:02 am

Thats a cool idea, both the wall hangers and the music room. I like it!
trguitar
Regular

Postby bluesmcgoo » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:07 pm

I have most of my guitars hung on the walls.

I use these...

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Accessories ... anger.html
bluesmcgoo
Contributor
Contributor

Postby warren » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:24 pm

>I have most of my guitars hung on the walls.
>
>I use these...
>
>http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Accessories/Stands,_hangers/Off-the-Wall_Guitar_Hanger.html

those look nice....never seen them before. I started using string swings because that's what my local guitar shop had.

ww
warren
Regular

RE: 1four5

Postby slickcat » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:07 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Jan-03-06 AT 12:08 PM (EST)]Whats that acoustic cutaway hangin up-top? That looks sweet. Is that Koa wood?
slickcat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:24 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Jan-03-06 AT 12:25 PM (EST)]Yeah,Warren. Both you and onefer got it figured out! It really keeps you playin' when you can leave your stuff set up all the time. My wife's been nice enough to let me leave my little digital board and keyboard amp (a 100-watt Crate w/15") sittin' next to my digital grand in the dining room, plus my harp case and amp on a stand there,too. We keep talkin' about building a jam room off the back of the house,but I'm too cheap to spend the money. (I think she'd draw the line if I was a drummer)
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bluejay » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:08 pm

Well, now you guys have me thinking. I just have to figure out where we've got the wall space in our little house. Though I only have three guitars to hang, they'd be competing with a lot of art, and we already have more of that than we can hang. Not to mention all the books that want more bookshelves.

Warren, love the color scheme in the music room. Showed my wife the pics as she's a fan of bold color use for interior walls.
bluejay
Regular

Postby stumblin » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:36 pm

That's a great looking room, Warren.
Funnily enough, Mrs. Stumblin' is all fired up to do some decoratin', we've already stripped the wallpaper in two rooms.
I'll send her your photo, it might subliminally put the idea of more guitar hangers into her mind ;)
stumblin
Regular

Postby savage » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:33 am

>Yeah,Warren. Both you and onefer got it figured out! It
>really keeps you playin' when you can leave your stuff set
>up all the time.

Its really weird how that "Out of sight Out of mind" thing really works, huh? When I first heard that I didn't really believe it, but to an extent its true. I like keepin my guitars out all the time, but dust collects really quickly in my house... think its what we got on the ceiling... i dunno, I play my guitars regardless of what I gotta do to get em out n ready (whether it be a velcro handle and a zipper, a few latches... haha). I can appreciate havin yer guitars hung up though. Probably somethin that i'd do when I'm older so that I can just grab my guitar off the wall on my way to a couch or perhaps a lazy-boy. Maybe thats just my retirement plan.
savage
Regular

Hang 'em high

Postby chillywilly » Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:02 am

Interesting thread here, because I just put a bunch of guitar hangers up too. We just installed some new hand-made wooden vent louvers in the log cabin, to move warm air between the rooms. I used my string swings to put up the geetars under the new vents and took some photos to send to the guy who built the vents for me. He's down in East Texas, guy by the name of David Whitfield (here's a shameless plug for him, he did a great job, if you need wooden vents google his website).

I've always hung my guitars for accessibility and convenience. If you play them enough you won't have to worry about keeping them dusted. Looking at the pictures in this thread, you can see that it really adds to the decor too.

CW
chillywilly
Regular

Return to Equipment Blues