trying new plugins

The place for questions, answers, and tips for recording your music. This can be home recording or studio recording. This subject seems to come up on several other forums so we're giving it a home here.

trying new plugins

Postby watertore » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:15 pm

Hi All: Recently I purchased 2 universal audio UAD plugin cards. They give you a 14 day demo of all their plugins-no restrictions. I recently used the neve 1081 eq and am now on the neve 1073 and the LA3A. It is amazing how these things take your recordings to another level. I am sold on the 1081, and on day 4 with the 1073. So far the 1073 is the winner. My recent tracks use the plate reverb, LA2A, plugins as well. Any feedback on the first three songs is appreciated. I used the 1073 and LA3A on these.

Walter
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Re: trying new plugins

Postby jeffl » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:31 pm

I seem to be having buffering issues with it Walter. I'll give it another listen from home. Keep 'em comin'.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Re: trying new plugins

Postby watertore » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:53 am

thanks for trying bubba!

Hi All: I am still trying the Universal Audio Plugin demos. I did about a cd worth in the last couple days. I am using the Neve 1073 eq and the LA3A, in conjuction with the plugins I own - plate reverb, LA2A. Also my neighbor came by with a 1930's gibson acoustic for me to use. I hooked up my dearmond (lightning hopkins style) soundhole pickup and ran it through a princeton deluxe reverb. I am not sure what model it is. I will post a photo tomorrow and maybe somebody can identify it. It is very similar to my 1938 kalamazoo. I like the first song a lot - those not born right in the head. Enjoy and any feedback on the recording quality is welcomed ;gu; Walter
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Recording