banjo jamboree

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

banjo jamboree

Postby michelle » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:52 pm

Tomorrow our little town will start to get inundated with banjo players. by friday there should be about five hundred of them here, I'm secretary of the committee so I'm just crossing all the T's and dotting all the last minute i"s at the moment. Bit excited bit nervous. I'm working at the local shop during the days and the local pub at night and getting 20 minutes off to do a quick set at the concert saturday night. I have a bluegrass band staying in my backyard and the afterparty breakfast is at my place monday morning. I'll post some pics on tuesday if i've surfaced by then. God i love music, even played on banjos
michelle
Regular

Re: banjo jamboree

Postby kiwiblues » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:32 pm

Wow you sound very, very busy!
Hope all goes well Michelle.
I love live bluegrass and banjo music and would love to be there.
Surely there aren't that many banjo players in Oz?
kiwiblues
Regular

Postby MakaInOz » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:01 am

Since they stopped letting us using 1080 on them they've been breeding like rabbits!

Just kidding! I know they say that 'perfect pitch' is tossing an accordian into a skip..........................................and getting it to land on a banjo, but banjo players are OK.

Someone has to take the flack off the harp player!
MakaInOz
Regular

Postby michelle » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:45 pm

we do have a banjo joke session so i'll be borrowing the perfect pitch one . Thanks maka
michelle
Regular

Postby maxx england » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:31 pm

michelle wrote:we do have a banjo joke session so i'll be borrowing the perfect pitch one . Thanks maka

Have you tried Googling on "Canonical list of banjo jokes" ?

And how's Dubya going to stop International Tourism if he can't control banjo players in his own country?
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby michelle » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:33 am

just a quick one to say fantastic Banjo Jamboree. Will post photoes soon. Must sleep now.......... have mother of all hangovers.........fading fast.......... beam me up scotty. :shock: :shock: :? :D :wink: 8) :blink:
michelle
Regular

Postby grumpygroo » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:19 pm

michelle wrote:just a quick one to say fantastic Banjo Jamboree. Will post photoes soon. Must sleep now.......... have mother of all hangovers.........fading fast.......... beam me up scotty. :shock: :shock: :? :D :wink: 8) :blink:

I know the feeling, I've often been driven to drink by my banjos. :wha: Sounds as though you had a real good time. 8)

grumpygroo
Regular

Return to About Gigs