a few songs

The place for questions, answers, and tips for recording your music. This can be home recording or studio recording. This subject seems to come up on several other forums so we're giving it a home here.

a few songs

Postby shaw » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:29 am

Hello everyone,

New to the forum and have been looking around and enjoying the disscussions and listening to some really nice songs. I've been playing guitar for a while now, but have been doing blues songs for maybe two months and really like playing them. I really can't sing very well (but am trying to improve) and thought I'd put up a link to some of my songs. I'd like to get better, so any suggestions would be appreciated (and as I said, I'm working on my singing..!).
linkt ot the songs:
http://www.juggles.nl/blues.htm
shaw
Regular

Re: a few songs

Postby texas blues » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:06 am

Shaw..welcome to the forum. I dug the "Key to the Liqour Cabinet" tune. You have everything you need goin' on brother. The singing will get better but its not bad now. If I had a suggestion it would be to sing more from your gut or diaphram. You have enough happening to go do some live stuff if you aren't already. Very well done.

Cheers, TB.
texas blues
Regular

Re: a few songs

Postby shaw » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:01 pm

Hey, thanks for listening and the singing advice. My wife's not a bad singer and has been ginving me some tips, too, but it's going to take some work - never really thought singing was hard til I really tried it.

Never done any live stuff on acoustic (played in a couple of bands in a few bars once in a while), but really want to try an open-mic or something like that soon (thinking at the end of the month). Bit scary to think about sitting there all alone, but I guess if I want to sing and play songs, I'll just have to give it a try.

Thanks again!

-----------Shaw.
shaw
Regular

Return to Recording