Madison Blues

A place to post guitar tabs separately from other discussion so it doesn’t get lost in the messages. To make it easy to search we suggest starting a new thread for each song posted and include the song name in your title. We’ll be able to make a nice archive if we keep tab here and discussion on the other forums.

Madison Blues

Postby sloth » Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:48 pm

Does anyone know what tuning this is in? I am getting a lot of the licks in Open G, but it doesn't sound quite right. I know that Elmore James played a lot in Open D, but I have been listening to the Thorogood version.

Any help would be appreciated.
sloth
Regular

RE: Madison Blues

Postby boweavil blues » Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:53 pm

I've never heard the Thorogood version, but Elmore did play it in Open D, and the main part is sliding up a whole step to each chord, that is, on the one chord from the tenth to twelth, IV chord is third to fifth, V is fifth to secenth. Then there are little licks in between that aren't too hard.
boweavil blues
Regular

Postby ricochet » Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:17 pm

I thought everything Lonesome George played was in Open G.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
ricochet
Regular

Postby sloth » Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:55 pm

Yeah I have been studying George's stuff for awhile now, and I think he only has 2 or 3 songs that aren't Open G.

Thanks
sloth
Regular

Postby mickeypainless » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:22 pm

Ol' Lonesome George was in town last week (I missed him DAMMIT) and my buddy said that the opening act (didn't catch their name) was awesome and he couldn't figure out why George would want such a kick ass band to open for him. Then George came on and SHOWED him why he had nuttin to worry about! Sounds like he rocked the house somethin fierce!
mickeypainless
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Guitar Tabs