trying out new monitors

The place for questions, answers, and tips for recording your music. This can be home recording or studio recording. This subject seems to come up on several other forums so we're giving it a home here.

trying out new monitors

Postby watertore » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:39 pm

I picked up a pair of mackie hr824 monitors yesterday. I have been reading alot of good and a lot of bad on these monitors. I have been using maudio bx8's for the last few years. I was able to test the 2 side by side in a pro studio, and I found the mackies to give a much more realistic sound representation than the bx8's. I have been having to mix my songs way brighter than I would like, and also much less bassy than I prefer, in order to get a somewhat decent mix for home stereos and car stereos. I reconfigured my studio as well, leaving about 5' between me and the monitors. I set up the bx8's in my studio next to the mackies, and heard the same results I heard in the pro studio.

Here is my attempt with the new monitors. The mixes translated more detailed and clear to my home and car stereos. A good beginning I think. Walter

0. she's not home
1. tough times falling on our land
2. traffic jams/road rage- california's middle name
3. I love ice cream
4. summertime is here
5. natural high
6. you make me happy
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Re: trying out new monitors

Postby allanlummox » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:50 pm