New blues tabs

A place to post guitar tabs separately from other discussion so it doesn’t get lost in the messages. To make it easy to search we suggest starting a new thread for each song posted and include the song name in your title. We’ll be able to make a nice archive if we keep tab here and discussion on the other forums.

RE: New blues tabs

Postby stiff » Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:53 pm

>For the JB Lenoir songs i use the "soul of a man" video (if
>you want to take a look at this video) so the final part of
>"slow down" is not really exact (sorry).

Thanks again for those. I can't believe I taped over my soul of a man video. It was the first time I heard JB and I really enjoyed both his songs and his overall attitude. What a guy... Found some album with him a few months back with Willie Dixon sitting behind chatting about his songs. Pretty neat.
stiff
Regular

Postby petou » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:39 pm

No, sorry, i don't come from china, i'm french...
I understand your position against the copy of tabs but there is not a lot of people who go in my website and i don't think stefan grossman will became poor because of me. I do that only for people who wants to work guitar, i dont do that with bad intentions.

In France we like that kind of debate who "déchaine les passions".
I thank you for yours suggestions.
petou
Regular

Postby bighollowtwang » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:28 pm

It's not about you stealing money from Stefan Grossman, it's about you TAKING CREDIT for transcriptions you did not do yourself. It's dishonest and sleazy, and wins you no respect.
bighollowtwang
Regular

Postby bighollowtwang » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:31 pm

Comme t'as pas l'air de bien comprendre en anglais, je vais te l'expliquer en francais le mieux possible: C'est malhonnete de prendre credit pour le travail d'un autre. Chaque fois que tu marques "tabbed by PETOU" sous une transcription, c'est un mensonge. Tu es meme pas capable de deciphrer une piece simple comme "Pony Blues" de Son House...alors pourquoi la moitie des pieces sur ta page sont credites a toi??

Tu devrais changer ton nom a "Peteux" peut-etre?
bighollowtwang
Regular

Postby podunk_phill » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:43 am

Here in America we have a saying to horse whip the thief!

On another note you say the Stefan G. is no poorer because of what you have done. Would you feel the same way if you were the one being robed from? Let's say I come and sleep in your bed and rape your wife, you are not out any money you are not any poorer. Would that be the right thing to do one man to another? NO! Remember what comes around goes around you sow a seed of deception you will reap a harvest of in return.

Podunk Phill

Ps You were interested in what I had to say when I wrote to you in French but when I clarified my question you did not answer my email. My question is this did you transcribe the music from sheet music using your own talents or did you use a software program? I left it up to you to say that you were a thief.
podunk_phill
Contributor
Contributor

Postby boogiechillun85 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:22 pm

Ummmm... I don't know if copying some incorrect transcriptions from a 20 year old book and raping someone's wife are in the same ballpark. I don't even think that's the same sport.
I was talking about music downloading a while ago with a friend. I mentioned a new cd and she said "well, why don't you just download it?" I said because it's stealing, and she didn't believe me. I responded "okay, if you reached back to my gigbag right now and took a cd from it, would that be stealing? well, what's the difference?"
Much better example than anything related to sexual assault..
Jim
http://www.soundclick.com/jimnjblues
boogiechillun85
Contributor
Contributor

Postby big slick » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:04 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Mar-15-06 AT 08:23 PM (EST)]Who did Grossman "borrow" from?

:P
big slick
Regular

Postby podunk_phill » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:18 am

The use of rape was an exstream and should not of been used. will curb my passion from now on. What would you of done if you caught the person with their hand in your gig bag stealing your cd's?
podunk_phill
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:36 am

Not rape 'em, hopefully.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
ricochet
Regular

Postby mickeypainless » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:41 am

>>>What would you of done if you caught the person with their hand in your gig bag stealing your cd's?

If I knew em I'd put a fat cigar out on the back of their hand! If it were a total stranger.... chop the hand completely off! :+
mickeypainless
Contributor
Contributor

Postby big slick » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:23 pm

>Here in America we have a saying to horse whip the thief!

we also have one about beating a dead horse.

:P
big slick
Regular

Postby podunk_phill » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:46 am

From your profile I'm sorry I didn't reconise that you are from the US I thought your were from BFE
podunk_phill
Contributor
Contributor

Postby big slick » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:07 am

>>>>What would you of done if you caught the person with their hand in your gig bag stealing your cd's?

Thank God he didn't find the 45, then I would show him 1911A1, and watch him wet himself...

:D
big slick
Regular

Postby big slick » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:19 pm

>From your profile I'm sorry I didn't reconise that you are
>from the US I thought your were from BFE

EGYPT? Y?
big slick
Regular

Postby podunk_phill » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:01 pm