FIRST TIME OF CONFUSION

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

FIRST TIME OF CONFUSION

Postby bigdaddy » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:06 pm

Played the yearly biker romp up in the mountains last Saturday night. A so so band played before us and then we took the stage at 9pm. The three of us tore into our show and the crowd was going nuts. I was excited, the drummer was excited, Skinny was excited and I could tell we were heading for a killer ending. A real bang. Some dude, the president of the ABATE, came up on stage and was talking to Skinny in the middle of a song. Skinny then turned around, stopped the song and said "goodnight' then left the stage. I looked at the drummer and we were both confused. I asked the drummer for the time and he said 10 to midnigfht. I was shocked, we'd played for two and half hours non stop. I was thinking maybe an hour and a half. The crowd was surprised also. I laid my bass down and found Skinny back stage leaning against my Cruiser and asked what happened. He told me that the dude said shut it down and Skinny told him to wait till the song was over and then he could talk. The dude screamed shut it down now or you're not getting paid. Right then the other ABATE officers came back stage so I left Skinny and talked with them. Skinny was pissed and would not go back on. I told the others what happened and they said we could play as long as we wanted and yes we'll get paid. I told Skinny what they said and I went back on stage. Skinny came back up and started unplugging his amp. I went and told him that if he'd take the stage again I'd give him my money for the night, the officers heard my offer. I wanted to defy the president and rock that mountain some more. Skinny agreed and lit his amp back up. It took about two songs for him to calm down but he tore it back up and we ended the show right. I know one of the officers personally and we talked on Sunday. He explained to me how it all got screwed up. He also said that on Sunday all of them bikers were just raving about The Skinny Bob Blues band. I went and got our pay on Tuesday and gave Skinny his share and mine. He said no that he just wanted to back a statement that night. I made him take the money anyways. He did kick butt that night and he needs the cash more than I do. We are invited back again next year. It's usally me that's freaked and out of control and Skinny calms me down. It was strange wearing the other shoes Saturday night.
Just a note: that night I had two topless gals dancing beside me on the stage and one in front of me off the stage topless also. I was excited.
bigdaddy
Regular

Re: FIRST TIME OF CONFUSION

Postby dcblues » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:19 am

Just a note: that night I had two topless gals dancing beside me on the stage and one in front of me off the stage topless also. I was excited.

You know the standard reply to something like this. It's useless without photos! (or video) :wink:
dcblues
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:32 am

Sounds like y'all put on a killer show!
ricochet
Regular

Postby bigdaddy » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:28 pm

Turns out that the ABATE president sobered up and found Jesus about a year ago and just didn't want to be around a bunch of drunks in the den of debauchery. He has been flaky with all of the ABATE party's this past year. The organization needs to replace him with someone who cares. I sobered up and found Jesus 18 years ago, I was just like this dude for a couple of years. All bent for the word and quick to point out sin. I'm still with Jesus these days but I'm alot less judgemental and alot more tactful.
Sorry about the no pictures. My wife is the band photographer and she didn't take a single picture of them topless babes dancing next to me. She did get some good snaps of the band and will be on the website soon tho. I'd a loved a picture of me and them gals to show my grandkids when they are adults, wait I don't have grandkids yet, but if I ever do.
bigdaddy
Regular

Postby Fishfeathersmacteeth » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:38 pm

....yes...but did you burn the Strat...? :lol:
Fishfeathersmacteeth
Regular

Postby bigdaddy » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:18 pm

No burning of the Strat. It's going to be raffled off at a Labor Day show in souther Idaho. Turns out Skinny and the drummer liked the guitar to much.
bigdaddy
Regular

Return to About Gigs