Opening act request?

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

Re: Opening act request?

Postby mnozzolio » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:24 pm

Speaking of musicians that won't leave the stage, my bluegrass band was playing at a small festival. During the Saturday night portion (prime time at a bluegrass fest), the MC somehow disappeared, and, consequently, the band before us kept playing and playing and playing. When the MC re-appeared and finally gave the 1 more sign, they did a long number, followed, of course by a long encore that involved a "patriotic" medley that was just pandering. All of this was done while we were standing off to the side, instruments tuned and ready, and ready to take the stage. I should mention that in one of their earlier sets, they made racist comments about Mexicans, so they were on my enemies list already. I made it clear to the MC that our set wasn't going to be cut short because the other band went way over their alloted time.
mnozzolio
Regular

Postby mnozzolio » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:03 am

Just want to close the loop on this one. The gig was last night. I helped her set up and ran the board during her sound check. She was very thanksful and gracious. Though I can't say her music was my cup of tea (singer-songwriter stuff), she did 25 minutes, and I had her come up early in my set to sing along on Will the Circle Be Unbroken. All in all, it was fine, and who knows, she may need someone to play dobro on a record some day.
mnozzolio
Regular

Postby ricochet » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:14 pm

Great!
ricochet
Regular

Postby dcblues » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:44 pm

We still want to see her picture. :)
dcblues
Contributor
Contributor

Postby gcd revue » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:13 pm

maxx england wrote:
601blues wrote: I would not do it, Ive had the "let me do a tune" thang and could not get em off the stage with TNT,

Met them, gawd, we have all bloody met them. What do you do short of clubbing them to death?

Clubbing them to death isn't the LEAST extreme option????
gcd revue
Regular

Previous

Return to About Gigs