studio gig

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

studio gig

Postby oleman » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:53 am

I just did my first studio gig playing solo, blues slide, harp and Sax for a National Endowment for the Arts, PBS radio program.
More knobs and sliders in there than a Line 6. No free beer though but after they ran me thru the board I sounded GOOD.
I don't know when the program will be aired but I'll let you know. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would get
National exposure of anykind.
oleman
Regular

Re: studio gig

Postby jeffl » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:15 pm

Good goin' oleman! Stuff like that is great for the ol' confidence level, and it's always great to expand your network.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby oleman » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:29 pm

Thanks Jeffl, Yes my ego has inflated a bit and now other producers are calling me to work on their projects for voice overs and music. I thought I was destined to only play the beerjoints and coffeehouses. This opportunity only came about from me getting off my butt and going to an audition for a part in a movie. I assume producers must share a data base of talent.
oleman
Regular

Postby allanlummox » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:35 pm

This is great.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:23 pm

oleman wrote:Thanks Jeffl, Yes my ego has inflated a bit and now other producers are calling me to work on their projects for voice overs and music. I thought I was destined to only play the beerjoints and coffeehouses. This opportunity only came about from me getting off my butt and going to an audition for a part in a movie. I assume producers must share a data base of talent.
One of the toughest parts about making money in the music business is finding the income sources. One of the most successful guys I know quit gigging probably 25 years ago (he had substance issues) and stayed in the business by producing childrens' music; he does whatever he can, writing kids' songs for other bands, doing soundtrack stuff, etc. He works out of a storefront studio he built downtown for a minimal investment.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby mnozzolio » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:54 am

Oleman -- Congrats, and all the best to you. Sometimes it takes one thing to set a lot of other things in motion.
Yes, be sure to let us know when it'll air.
Maybe no free beer, but did you get a totebag? :P
mnozzolio
Regular

Return to About Gigs