jazz box samick

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

RE: jazz box samick

Postby nhslim » Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:01 am

I do string bends all the time on mine and didn't even notice I wrecked my bridge! LOL. That guy was crazy.
nhslim
Regular

Postby cheyenne » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:08 pm

The cure for Jazz:

http://bluesnet.hub.org/waterman/son.jpg

I'm only kidding, I can see myself playing a semi-hollow one day for sure, just for extra feedback potential during sliding.
cheyenne
Regular

Postby wwpete52 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:03 am

I own an Aria FA-71 Jazz Box. It has one floating mini-hb pickup. It's a very nice guitar for the $$. It sounds good acoustically also. It was made in Korea. The workmanship is first rate.
wwpete52
Regular

Postby cheap_jazz_box » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:11 pm

As the original "Cheap Jazz Box", I'll have to chime in with my Johnson. I got this guitar at a time when I could only afford one, and it had to be all things to me--jazz, rock, blues, slide, etc. Now I have other guitars, but this (and my Cheap Danville Reso) are the ones I reach for, everytime!

My jazz box is really quite beautiful--clear blond maple top, with mahogany body, neck and rosewood fretboard. Two Gibson-style dual coil pups, and off we go! Less than 300 with a great hard shell case...
cheap_jazz_box
Regular

Previous

Return to Guitar