recording with 3 mics

The place for questions, answers, and tips for recording your music. This can be home recording or studio recording. This subject seems to come up on several other forums so we're giving it a home here.

recording with 3 mics

Postby watertore » Sat May 24, 2008 1:33 am

Through my 4 year learning to record myslef oddysesy, many knowledgable people have told me to use just 2-3 mics for what I do. I have been using 7, and never could get a decent sound with 2-3. Tonight I takled it again. I used 3 mics. One on my voice/harp, and 2 on the room. I think I am begining to understand the minimual mic concept for the live sound. Anyway, I am having fun! Walter

here are 2 from tonights session:

anyday I'm alive is a good day
Herion got my baby
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Re: recording with 3 mics

Postby blueswrench » Sun May 25, 2008 6:00 am

I thought the sound was pretty dang good Walter!! Has a good balance and nothing was overpowering so I think your on to something good!. Keep it up and keep havin' fun!!!
blueswrench
Regular

Re: recording with 3 mics

Postby watertore » Mon May 26, 2008 2:52 am

blueswrench wrote:I thought the sound was pretty dang good Walter!! Has a good balance and nothing was overpowering so I think your on to something good!. Keep it up and keep havin' fun!!!

thanks. I have a loooooong way to go with this stuff. I did these tonight. These are technically not that good, but I liked the groove. I think of the chess brothers for inspiration. They recorded some great music at not so great quality. Walter

live in your heart
been loving her all my life
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Recording