Silent Jam

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

Silent Jam

Postby jeffl » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:00 am

Anybody here ever wanna jam at home with some friends after the rest of the house has gone to bed....? We re-instituted an old tradition at my house lately: plug everything into the mixer,run the "out" line to a Rolls headphone amp,and jam away,like frantic mimes. There's four headphone jacks on the Rolls,so it works fine. You can let the tape run while yer doin' it too,in case somebody jams up a new tune you wanna make somethin' out of. It means I have to put away the harps and play piano,but it's still a blues jam,and the wife can sleep like a baby.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

RE: Silent Jam

Postby lorilu » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:19 am

Now that would be something to see.
lorilu
Regular

RE: Silent Jam

Postby jaybee » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:13 am

hey, why didn't anyone think of that one before,a harp-midicontroller? maybe I'd finally get to learning how to play the harp, if I could do it with headphones on. Quit years ago, when the dog started sighing and the cat fled to the neighbours if I only picked up a harp, didn't even have to play yet, just the possibility I MIGHT drove the animals to desperation...
jaybee
Regular

Return to Guitar