Giving thanks in an interesting way

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

Giving thanks in an interesting way

Postby bluesfyre » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:33 pm

In the small town where I live in Canada, is an even smaller bar/pub that, beginning around 5 years ago, actively promoted live music. Oh, they don't pay much to perform, but until then, there was nowhere to play in front of a live audience. On most nights, there was some solo, duet, or 5 piece blues band on the tiny stage, entertaining the small crowd, or in many cases, the dozens of folk who were forced to listen from the street. The man who started it all, decided to retire, and all the musicians got together and threw a huge party for him.

Here is a small video of musicians and party-goers, up on stage, singing their heart-felt goodbyes, at the end of the night. Yes, thats me with the lyric sheet in hand, trying to keep it going :-)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=r0a4-E8ro7w
bluesfyre
Regular

Re: Giving thanks in an interesting way

Postby ricochet » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:05 am

Looks like fun!
ricochet
Regular

Re: Giving thanks in an interesting way

Postby jeffl » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:29 pm

Stuff like that is fun. Incidentally, I saw my first clip of Levon Helm and his band. I love the way Levon used to do that tune; his voice has aged to the point that I wonder if he can do some of the tunes he used to do in the upper registers.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Return to About Gigs