Burnin' that strat

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

Re: Burnin' that strat

Postby david » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:01 pm

It's no fun being the safety officer, but--as my daughter always tells me--somebody has to be the grown up here.

Now, if folks are upset, or even a bit squeemish, about burning and smashing guitars and amps, how about blasting bagpipes? You might even find a way to do it with air pressure so that they could moan and squeal like a hog in death throes.
david
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:22 pm

Bagpipes? Expensive suckers.
ricochet
Regular

Postby david » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:22 am

I figure they are expensive because the low demand has resulted in an even lower supply. I mean, would you tolerate a neighbor mass producing bag pipes next door?

So, if burning bag pipes during blues shows catches on, the demand for them will go up, which--ala Adam Smith--will result in more people risking the wrath of their neighbors by meeting the demand. This should result in a drop in the price, which will make burning even more bag pipes at blues shows feasible, thus further increasing the demand.

Before you know it the local bag pipe craftspeople will be put out of business as the manufacture of bag pipes moves to the Pacific Rim countries. There will be cheap bag pipes hawked on Musicians Fiend, and they will soon be hanging in hock shop windows from all the impulse buyers who realized they really weren't born to play bag pipes.

The problem, of course, is that this whole equation is like trying to sell the first telephone in a community. Why buy a phone if you don't know anyone who has one? The proverbial pump has to be primed!

So, somebody has to start the ball to rolling and it might as well be on the stage of a blues show. SAVE THE STRAT!! BURN THE PIPES!!!
david
Contributor
Contributor

Postby boogiechillun85 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:25 pm

That's airtight logic right there, man. 8)
boogiechillun85
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:42 pm

That's another good reason to burn up antique guitars, so they'll make more of 'em and bring the prices down to the Squier range.
ricochet
Regular

Postby 601blues » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:52 pm

It used to be Play da strat, and Burn The BRAS!! thats better
601blues
Regular

Postby bigdaddy » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:01 pm

Saturday the drummer suggested Skinny just use the strat for a song or two and then hand it to someone in the audience. This sits okay with me but I want to see some womens bare breasts first. So I'm gonna ask Skinny at Friday nights show (I only see these two on gig nights) if I can do the "Dirty Dancer" contest with the trophy and the guitar as the prize. I have a "Dirty Dancer" and "Shakenist Booy" trophy sitting on my kitchen table. I think some ladies would bare it all for a Skinny Bob Blues guitar. I use a sovent and wipe off the Squire logo and I put on a Skinny Bob Blues logo I had a sign company make for me. It's pretty cool and professional looking. 10 stickers for $28.00 was a good deal. June is quickly approaching and the fate of the strat is still up in the air. Skinny is the boss, it's what ever he wants.
bigdaddy
Regular

Postby ricochet » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:08 pm

Now that sounds like a good idea.
ricochet
Regular

Postby maxx england » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:44 am

B-b-b-b-bare n-n-n-naked l-l-l-l-ladies? :shock: Count me in :mrgreen:
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby boogiechillun85 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:33 pm

You mean you're even having a debate about this? Fire vs. topless women? Come onnnnnnnn... 8)
boogiechillun85
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bigdaddy » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:20 pm

You're right about the debate thing, hands down it's topless. Skinny ain't heard the plan yet but I'm sure which he will pick. Last year at the wet t-shirt contest there were about 20 contestants. Once down the walk way the shirts came off all of them. Of course they had to have the women walk up and down the walk way many times because the cometition was so "close." A young gal about 20 years old won it and man she deserved it. This 52 year old fool was weak in the knees while whistling and hollering in my vote. I'm hoping to get to the event early enough on Saturday to catch this years contest. They also have the men's underwear contest where the underwear comes off also. I was signed up for the contest but I got a bout of the trotts on Saturday. I think I got bit by a rancid mountain mosquito. I was puckering my checks while performing at the event that Saturday. After the show I grabbed my bass gear and hi-tailed it home.
bigdaddy
Regular

Postby ricochet » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:52 am

I'm sure a big skid mark would really add to that contest.
ricochet
Regular

Postby maxx england » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:41 pm

bigdaddy wrote:You're right about the debate thing, hands down it's topless.

I'll vote for that one :mrgreen:
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby david » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:46 pm

You will video this event--for the historical (hysterical?) record, won't you?
david
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bigdaddy » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:01 pm

I won't record it but as the ladies are walkin' up and down the walk(which is only picnic tables lined end to end) cameras and cell phones are taking records. If I can get the shirts off I'll ask the winner up on stage for the trophy and guitar and have my wife snap some pictures that I know will go on the bands web site. myspace/skinnybob blues, On that sight is some footage of the TV show we were on. I was so nervouse I played the last song in the key of A while Skinny was slidin' in G. I felt bad when I realized it. Oh well, we're a bar band.
bigdaddy
Regular

Previous

Return to About Gigs