Parental Woes

A forum devoted to the discussion of playing bass with the blues.

Parental Woes

Postby MakaInOz » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:43 pm

Having a child that is a guitarist is socially acceptable (even to fellow harpers), and as a parent I can handle the fact that we have three acoustics and two electric guitars (hey - I've got a few harps).

Having a child that plays upright bass at least gets you the sympathy vote for having to move the thing around. The bass guitars (now two) had been relatively 'covert', but last weekend he has gigged with the bass guitar so the world knows I have a bass player son.

But this week - the ultimate parental disaster! Eldest (the bass player) has corrupted his little sister (my baby!) and has started teaching her to play his old 3/4 size bass guitar. How can I face the world with TWO bass guitar playing children? I must be a total failure a parent! :lol:

Watch out world - the Maka Tribe Band (with the unusual lineup of two basses, lead guitar and harp) is on its way!

I guess its not all that bad - one of them could have been a drummer! :twisted:
MakaInOz
Regular

Re: Parental Woes

Postby jeffl » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:39 pm

Maka, my guess is that this is just the beginning. At least they didn't pick up the banjo or accordian,lol! I think you're in for a good ride.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:48 am

And they're not drummers! :mrgreen:
ricochet
Regular

Postby boogiechillun85 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:00 pm

jeffl wrote:Maka, my guess is that this is just the beginning. At least they didn't pick up the banjo or accordian,lol! I think you're in for a good ride.

Hey now, I started out on bass and went to the banjo just a few short years after that. It still kills my father inside every time I bring it out. 8)
boogiechillun85
Contributor
Contributor

Postby fabulous furry freak » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:39 pm

Yeah guys, don't dis the banjo, if I hadn't picked one of 'em up I wouldn't be playing half the stuff I do now, also I once saw this gypsyish band, and one of them was playing a double base banjo thang, it had to be one of the coolest instruments I'd ever heard, it had a really cool basey twangy sound, I'd love to know what they're called.
fabulous furry freak
Regular

Return to Bass - Meet Me At The Bottom