My first TV show

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

My first TV show

Postby bigdaddy » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:16 am

On Thursday the 6th I'm gonna be on Park City TV. The program is letting the band play 3 songs plus an interview. I'm nervous.The three songs Skinny picked to play are "Salt Lake Blues", "Red House" and "Mean Town Blues." He's not gonna have me blow the harp on Mean Town Blues tho. The drummer set the show up, he works for a newspaper and has alot of connections for stuff like this. Darren said the station is going to give him something that he'll be able to load into his computer and then make DVD's of the show. I'm excited and scared a bit at the same time. I've never been in a tv studio. Should be fun. I wonder if the camera will put 20 pounds on me? I wonder if they're gonna put make up on me? I might be too macho for make up :)
bigdaddy
Regular

Re: My first TV show

Postby ricochet » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:18 am

That's awesome!

I dunno about that camera and 20 lbs thing. But a good look in a mirror will put 100 on me! :lol:
ricochet
Regular

Postby blueswrench » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:52 am

Sounds like a blast!! 8)
blueswrench
Regular

Postby maxx england » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:24 am

bigdaddy wrote: I wonder if they're gonna put make up on me? I might be too macho for make up :)

Trust me, if you have a hairline like mine or Rico's, there will be so much powder on your head it will be like an accident in a cement factory.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bigdaddy » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:37 pm

The TV show went well. I was so nervous. No make up and during the interview part I looked old, well I guess I looked my age. All 52 years were picked up by the camera. It was an hour show where we played three songs and the host interviewed us for a few minutes. Some guy watching and listening in the hall way gave our gig lady a post-it and said he loved the band. The post-it said to contact a local club there and tell the manager that he said to hire us, it also had the guys number and name at the bottom. While we were loading to leave, one of the camera men came and told me they have another program where they will come and film us at a bar and if we can get into any of the Park City clubs to let him know. I told him a guy named Seth wants us to play a local bar. The dude said he knew Seth and the station is friends with the bar. Everyone exchanged information and he said he's looking forward to making a whole show of the band. That's what I was hoping for. It was interesting how they piece a TV show together. We were live as were the interviews of us and another lady who talked about weddings and then different weekly segments of the program. One piece was pre recorded so we relaxed and could talk as we could during the commercials. It was interesting. Between this TV show and the music video done of us last summer I have learned that nothing on TV or in the media is what it seems. Nothing!
bigdaddy
Regular

Postby ricochet » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:50 pm

Sounds like a cool experience and a nice opportunity!
ricochet
Regular

Return to About Gigs