Gettin' the Wives Together

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

Gettin' the Wives Together

Postby jeffl » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:40 pm

I might be makin' a mistake here,gang.... I've invited my wife to my jam bunch's little holiday club gig tonite, primarily to hear our bunch for the first time and to hang out with a coupla the other wives (only one of whom she's met). It's always a gamble when you get the wives together...they might not all get along; they might start comparing notes; they might get too drunk...who knows, but the potential downsides outnumber the potential benefits. I invited my wife 'cause she's interested in what I do, of course, and it most likely will be a very enjoyable evening for her (first of all, the club's a great, cozy place to lounge).
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Gettin' the Wives Together

Postby bluejay » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:20 pm

...and...? Can't believe no one has asked you for a report on this. Any hair-pulling? Anyone end up sleeping on the couch? :P
bluejay
Regular

Postby jeffl » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:39 pm

There was 3 of 'em there that night, includin' my wife. They drank just enough beer to get 'em all rosy cheeked, which worked fine. They were able to get a table right up front and get some pics & video, so apparently they were happy. The only drawback for me is that my wife signalled me at about 11 PM that she was ready to go, and the rest of the guys played 'til midnight. Now that she's experienced our little gang, the only things I'll invite her to are when we have a party or picnic or somethin'. I won't invite her to any more of the club gigs unless she brings a girlfriend and comes in another vehicle. The girls all had a good time though Rhino.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bluejay » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:47 pm

"But honey, the other guys get to stay up late..." Yeah, no reason to have to go through that now that she has a sense of what's up at the gig. 8) If the worse story you end up having to tell is that you went home a little early once, it may not help your racontour reputation, but the rest of life will be cool. :wink:
bluejay
Regular

Postby jeffl » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:09 pm

Yeah Bluejay, and last nite at the jam we hatched a plan for an all-day jam and potluck on New Year's Day-- with the wives invited of course. So, I think the "once" in your post should've been preceded by "at least",lol! We've done these all dayers before and they work out great. Usually the word gets out and you've got musicians from all over droppin' in during the day and the rotation is constantly changin'. I like the potluck aspect 'cuz around here "Potluck" means "game feed", so there's usually plenty of turkey,venison,pheasant,duck,etc.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Return to About Gigs