My New Gig

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

My New Gig

Postby BobHolland » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:43 am

I haven't been here in a while. The group I was with, well I'm not with them anymore. A younger bass player/singer took my place last November. It's been about a year. The group has split up. My best friend was the piano player. Anyway he called a couple of weeks ago and asked if I was interested in helping him out on a couple of solo gigs he was going to do and play bass. I agreed to come along. Some blues, mostly variety. Country, Old Rock, Motown, done acoustic. I got a list & programed some drum beats on my DR-5 Machine. Played two gigs so far, money was good & got asked back. This guy is calling every couple of days with 1 or 2 new bookings. This may be a regular for us two. It was a lot of fun. He sings, plays guitar & sometimes piano. He's a retired music/school teacher & needs the extra income. I could use the funds also. A good combination. Since I play every Sat. night at a Country Barn Dance as the house bass player, I won't be able to help him on Saturdays. He said he will just go solo if need be on those nights. Anyway that's an update on my musical situation at present time. :D :D :D
Bob
BobHolland
Regular

Postby jeffl » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:58 am

Good goin' Bob! Glad to hear ya' got somewhere to play. Best wishes.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Return to About Gigs