Robert Cray Music Book

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

Robert Cray Music Book

Postby sonhouse101 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:57 pm

I would really like to get my hands on the Hal Leonard Publication book " The Music of Robert Cray". It was published in 1998, but is now out of print. If anyone out there has a copy they would sell me, or knows of a place where I can obtain it, pleae contact me at:

phranzjosef@hotmail.com

Cheers, Frank
sonhouse101
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:50 pm

I found this after lookin around for a bit. Hope it helps.

http://www.free-scores.com/boutique/109 ... _music.htm
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby sonhouse101 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:23 am

Lefty: Thanks for the thought, but there are a number of sites showing the book but links always take you to a site ( Amazon etc) where it shown as out of print. I did find it once in a Canadian on-line store but they wouldn't ship to the UK.
sonhouse101
Regular

Postby texas blues » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:04 am

sonhouse, welcome to the forum. If you have a CD of Robert Cray, he plays in standard tuning and by playing along, it is easy to figure out where he's at. Another hint is that you can go to youtube and punch in RC and a song title and probably watch what he does also. One thang I have found is that much of the tab out there is done by keyboard players and theory guys and often is incorrect when transposed to guitar. While tab can be useful for finding a start point, your ears are the best learning tool. Cheers TB
texas blues
Regular

Postby sonhouse101 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:12 am

Texas Blues: Thanks for the advice. Which is, of course, the proper/best way to go about things.
sonhouse101
Regular

Return to Guitar