Food for thought!

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

Food for thought!

Postby 601blues » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:54 am

What I have been doing for the last couple weeks, is working on my reso,and trying to get some wider range in my sound! But sittin in the studio,playing I have been singing thu my Sinard harp mic, thu the harp,instead of hooking up a seperate vocal mic, its Ok for practise Right! However last thursday I picked up the extenison cab for my Valve Jr head, Before I have Been usin the valve special, Anyway did the same practise with the vocals the harp mic via valve jr. ext cab, and it sounded great, like old school ,cause thats what the guys used to use for vocals was just amps!!! But what sounds good in practice in a controled area sometims don't work live!! But I did a solo gig, Saturday night, with that set up and it sounded great, recieved a lotta comments and how did you get that sound questions, Set up, Reso Elect Tuned to open D, to Delta Blues 1/15.
Strinard Harp Mic, thru Valve Jr. with Valve jr extenison cab ,for harp and vocals, G harp, That was it for the night!!
601blues
Regular

Postby stratman_27 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:50 pm

Simple and effective. I wish I could pair my setup down that simple.
stratman_27
Regular

Postby bosco » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:44 pm

I make it a point to sing backing vocals through my harp mic (Green Bullet or JT30) and amp a couple times a set for variety and nostalgia.

The guys in the band have actually requested it when I forget!

:wink:

Bosco
bosco
Contributor
Contributor

Return to About Gigs