Lot's of Good Gig's lately

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

Lot's of Good Gig's lately

Postby houserocker » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:48 pm

Lot's of good work lately down here! I'm booked every Thurs. and Friday till next year (2008) at a couple of my favorite places to play down here in West Central Fla., just got through playing a nice Bluesfest down here a couple of weeks ago, have gigs coming up at The Hard Rock Cafe (once a month on Sundays) which is a really nice gig and also gigs at The House of Blues in Orlando Fl. I am teaming up with a fellow down here named Lester Freeman who played in the "Soul Brothers 6" and had the original hit with "Some Kind of Wonderful" back in 1967 for the upcoming Holiday Season for some private and corporate events. It sure has been nice being able to stay out of the local smokey bar scene and into some nice venues and festivals! :D

http://www.thehouserockers.net
houserocker
Contributor
Contributor

Postby 601blues » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:45 pm

:( Good fer you HR< man Iam jealous!!! But you deserve it!!
Iam doin my solo stuff now,and added slide bar organ to some of my stuff, Last night I did the first solo Gig I have done in a couple years,I was a little shakie at first but, I found the nich pertty quick, I worked the organ in at times but still need work with that, But overall felt good bout it, Heck with tips and part of the door I put 275.00 in muh pocket! and I did't have ta share wif a band!! Smokie Bar however!!!haha, but I have a renewed foucus for sure, Iam goin to work on different rythym tracks to be able ta do more slide work and really give aloota different sounds, I got is this Karaoakie from some jerks, But Hey!can't please everybody!! Iam proud of you!! man thats great news!!
601blues
Regular

Postby houserocker » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:04 pm

Hey 601 going to be in your area in December, coming up to Hattiesburg to visit one of my wifes aunts. Have to make sure we get together!!

houserocker
Contributor
Contributor

Postby 601blues » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:45 pm

:D Man Looking foreward to it!! we can jam some, let ya get me straightined out fer sho!!
601blues
Regular

Postby fat paul » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:42 pm

Hey Houserocker is that the house of blues at Disneyworld? I will be at Disneyworld Sept 16-23. Let me know if you will be there on any of these dates. I would love to come hear you play
fat paul
fat paul
Regular

Postby houserocker » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:10 am

Yes that's the one. Man I had the 20th booked (Thursday) but they offered me a Friday night on the 7th so I took the Friday. If I had known I would have taken the 20th!

houserocker
Contributor
Contributor

Postby dcblues » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:06 am

Houserocker, very cool! I've been pretty busy this summer and most of my gigs have been festivals and special events. We don't really play bars much and we're moving up in the local scene. Part of that is being a seven piece band that needs to be paid well for the gig to be worth it. The main part is we're a professional band and we take the music and gigs with a pro attitude. By "professional" I don't mean we do it full time (we all have day jobs) but we give it all and we spend a lot of time rehearsing.

Our new cd will be out soon and we have a cd release party coming up in September. We're playing a pretty big festival in a couple of weeks and more will come. These guys are working me hard to go beyond just being a harp player. I've learned a lot of horn parts and I'm going to start seriously woodshedding soon to learn more.

Keep it up! Maybe I'll see you on the road one of these days.
dcblues
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Lot's of Good Gig's lately

Postby jellyroll baker » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:55 am

houserocker wrote:, have gigs coming up at The Hard Rock Cafe (once a month on Sundays) which is a really nice gig

Hey, that's an idea. Most of the Hard Rock venues I've been to have featured covers bands but when I played an open mic at one once the audience really responded well to the blues. Seeing as the crowd at a Hard Rock tends to (in my experience at least) be a little older and more focused on enjoying their meal then having a big party night the blues may be a perfect fit. I may have to get in touch with my local HRC.
jellyroll baker
Contributor
Contributor

Postby houserocker » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:13 pm

Fat Paul I will be working in Brandon & Tampa that week ,they are not far from Orlando maybe you could make it over to the open jam on Thursday.DC hope to see you out on the road some day, you never know, Jellyroll theylove the Sunday Blues at The Hardrock they do it every Sunday check yours out it is a real nice gig, they even feed you in their cafeteria! Can't beat a gig that feeds you! :lol:

houserocker
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:56 pm

Charlie, I'm happy for you,bro'. You got a good sound though...people SHOULD want to listen to ya'. Best wishes for continued success.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Return to About Gigs