Help w/Born Under A Bad Sign

A place to post guitar tabs separately from other discussion so it doesn’t get lost in the messages. To make it easy to search we suggest starting a new thread for each song posted and include the song name in your title. We’ll be able to make a nice archive if we keep tab here and discussion on the other forums.

Help w/Born Under A Bad Sign

Postby Doc Brainerd » Mon May 28, 2007 7:11 am

I'm pretty much a novice and was hoping somebody could help me with the turnaround to the basic riff seen in this Youtube video:

Born Under A Bad Sign

I can't seem to figure out the part from about 00:09 to 00:14. I looks like you walk down the low E: F-F#-G-G# then the G#major barre to A-major barre back to G#major then F#major. I'm not sure I have those chords right and I'm not sure about the strum pattern/timing. If I could slow down the video I might have a chance, but YouTube no workee thatta way!

DB
Doc Brainerd
Regular

Postby grumpygroo » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:01 pm

DB, go to the link below, download Vdownloader. This enables you to download vids from Youtube, Myspace etc etc. Save them on your computer, then play them with Windows Media Player or any player that allows you to change the play speed.

http://comunidad.uem.es/epuertas/post/2 ... o-y-grinvi
grumpygroo
Regular

Postby grumpygroo » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:02 pm

It gives you a choice of formats to save the vid. I always save as Mpeg. Seems to work best.
grumpygroo
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:20 pm

I'll add somethin here. If video downloader doesnt work for you (it doesnt for me, probably because I have vista) you can go to http://www.vixy.net and put the video's URL in there, and download and convert it.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby grumpygroo » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:00 pm

Leftie, never come across Vixy before. I'll have to explore it, Vdownloader can be a bit temperamental at times.
grumpygroo
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:04 pm

Yeah I had my share of issues with it. But like I said, it's probably because I am using Vista, which has it's fair share of issues.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby Doc Brainerd » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:27 pm

Thanks for the info about the video grabber/coverter programs. I'll have to give them a try. Definitely alot of material on Youtube where a program like that would be helpful.

DB
Doc Brainerd
Regular

Return to Guitar Tabs