Back in the game

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

Postby maxx england » Fri May 25, 2007 10:02 am

Not to mention Spontaneous Weight Loss. How did the gig go?
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bignick » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:16 pm

Matt, are you using that speaker guitar for all of your stuff now? What is that? I think its got a really cool sound. When you plug into an amp does it disengage the speaker or do they both play at the same time?

I think it would be cool to mic that speaker AND run it through the amp. You'd probably get some really cool tones if thats possible. BTW I like how you mic your case for the foot stomp. Cool idea.
bignick
Regular

Postby jellyroll baker » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:03 am

The Gig at the Old Bar went really well. Great venue and we got a good crowd for a Thursday night. My music seemed to draw people in from the bar into the bandroom whch is always a good sign.

Nick, the speaker guitar is a cheapie that I bought on a whim for $100. It has a speaker and amp built into the body and the original plan was to use it for busking. It was a really nice rough and dirty sound through the built in speaker and through an amp it sounds as good as you'd expect for a cheap single 'bucker guitar. The speaker and regu;lar output are completely sperate so if I wanted I could run them both at once - turning on the speaker can be a nice way to get a burst of feedback. Next time I do some recording I'll probably experiementing with mnicing the speaker while running the output through a direct box into my recorder to get a layered sound. Should be interesting.
jellyroll baker
Contributor
Contributor

Postby maxx england » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:22 pm

Built in monitor too!
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jellyroll baker » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:05 am

Aaarrgghhh! I travel to the outer suburbs today for a sweet little gig supporting one of my heroes at a nice little venue where I reckon i may just be able to get some regular work. Pay was good by Melbourne standards too. I get to the venue a few hours early for setup and what not - doors are shut. Not to worry, these things happen. There's a poster for the night's gig on the wall so I figure that everything is A-OK. Run off grab some dinner, come back a couple of hours later - still nothing. An hour later, nothing. Finally I get the call - the venue owners decided just a few days ago to shut down the venue for rennovations. Jeez, you'd think they could've told their artists or something.

Whoah man, the joys of being a musician.
jellyroll baker
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jaybee » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:06 pm

jellyroll baker wrote:Aaarrgghhh! I travel to the outer suburbs today for a sweet little gig supporting one of my heroes at a nice little venue where I reckon i may just be able to get some regular work. Pay was good by Melbourne standards too. I get to the venue a few hours early for setup and what not - doors are shut. Not to worry, these things happen. There's a poster for the night's gig on the wall so I figure that everything is A-OK. Run off grab some dinner, come back a couple of hours later - still nothing. An hour later, nothing. Finally I get the call - the venue owners decided just a few days ago to shut down the venue for rennovations. Jeez, you'd think they could've told their artists or something.

Whoah man, the joys of being a musician.

what? and have you miss a scenic drive and dinner? now you wouldn't want THAT, would you... :roll:
jaybee
Regular

Previous

Return to About Gigs