DOH!!!!!!!Gezz!!!!! DUHHHHHH!!!

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Postby 601blues » Mon May 14, 2007 3:50 pm

:shock: I feel better now, I just spoke with Jimmy and Grant at Peavey repair, and confessed my stupidity!! Iam to say 500 hail peaveys,
601blues
Regular

Postby grady » Mon May 14, 2007 3:54 pm

It is best to admit you have a problem.
Now you can start the healing process. :D
grady
Regular

Postby ricochet » Mon May 14, 2007 5:08 pm

Yep, you did the right thing.

Not that I've ever done anything stupid like that myself, of course...
ricochet
Regular

Re: DOH!!!!!!!Gezz!!!!! DUHHHHHH!!!

Postby birddog » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:16 pm

This was a funny thread, found it searching for info on a Peavey Delta Blues.

So 601, hows that 1x15 doing ?
I gotta line on one pretty resonable but somebody told me to look for a 210 instead.
Any input would be apprieciated.

Thanks

Wally
birddog
Regular

Postby 601blues » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:30 pm

Actually it took... or should I say it demanded ,That I learn to fiddle and tweak the settings to my style and attack,and of course.. instrument played, I sat it aside for a while and Played thru my Marshall 50 watt plexi...2/12 1936 cab. But Iam back with the delta blues, and its sweet!! Ive gigged with it several times the last month, and it surprized the beans outta me, every body commenting on the tones and punch, Once you dial it in to you, its a super amp, I have several multi spearker amps, so when I got this Delta Blues, 2/10s was not even a consideration, after travelin the delta last summer I realized the tones I loved and the sounds I was seekin, I heard in cheap single speaker amps, from all kinds of players and places.I had to have a single speaker amp..... I can't tell ya whats good for you, But I can tell ya Peavey, And the Delta Blues 1/15 will not let ya down!!fo sho!!
601blues
Regular

Postby Bant's Bluz » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:04 pm

I have a thought 601, would it be possible to dismantle the chain affair and then push it through a piece of rubber tubing to isolate it from the metal of the amp stand?
Bant's Bluz
Regular

Postby 601blues » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:14 pm

Doc wrote:I have a thought 601, would it be possible to dismantle the chain affair and then push it through a piece of rubber tubing to isolate it from the metal of the amp stand?

Sure it would, however the small chains were connected to the hand screw that holds the height adjustment, since I really never use that, and all the chains were for was to keep ya from losen the nuts , I just shit canned the chains!!!
But I will say this, in my studio I have 14 various amps, and NONE has the tones and moves air like this delta blues, example!! I have guitars settin in racks and stands all over the place, a couple tamborines, drums all kinds of various eq on racks etc. when I play this delta blues in the studio ,all eq set to 5, all volumes and gaines set to 3 , channel 1 all boosts off, Plug my 345 in on mono, six way at 3-4 center PU position, hit Bb note on 6th string with my thumb and hold it and butterfly the note, and it builds to the point everything I mentioned above is vibrating and will increase as long as I hold the note!! I ve never seen another amp do that!! Remember Iam not Talking High volume!! just tone Db's
601blues
Regular

Postby JLHooker » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:24 pm

601, I have peavey delta blues 210 that I like but I have a question for you. I play a gibson LP with a 490 neck p.u. and a 498 in the bridge.The neck pickup sounds good but when I switch to the bridge it sounds knid of compressed.Does your amp do this? My epiphone with Gibson pick ups does the same thing so I think it must be the amp. I have fooled with the settings a lot and can't get rid of the compressed sound completely.How do you set yours?
JLHooker
I also have a Peavey classic 50 212 and It sounds greatwith these guitars
JLHooker
Regular

Postby 601blues » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:39 pm

Gezz !!?? don't know what ta tell ya, I will check it out on mine and see if I can understand what cha talkin bout, However Iam a center or up position player, that where I live, but will fool with it a see, I will let cha know!
I too have a classic 50, I have a 4/10 and a 2/12 love em both, I lean more toward the 4 /10 it seems for responsive, but sometimes I like the 2/12 better!! I JUST CAN"T MAKE UP MY MIND!!!
Now some years ago a pal of mine would turn his neck position pu around so the contacts were further from the bridge, he said it gave him a smoother tone at the bridge, might wanna give it a shot!!
601blues
Regular

Postby Bant's Bluz » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:34 pm

601blues wrote:
Doc wrote:I have a thought 601, would it be possible to dismantle the chain affair and then push it through a piece of rubber tubing to isolate it from the metal of the amp stand?

Sure it would, however the small chains were connected to the hand screw that holds the height adjustment, since I really never use that, and all the chains were for was to keep ya from losen the nuts , I just shit canned the chains!!!
But I will say this, in my studio I have 14 various amps, and NONE has the tones and moves air like this delta blues, example!! I have guitars settin in racks and stands all over the place, a couple tamborines, drums all kinds of various eq on racks etc. when I play this delta blues in the studio ,all eq set to 5, all volumes and gaines set to 3 , channel 1 all boosts off, Plug my 345 in on mono, six way at 3-4 center PU position, hit Bb note on 6th string with my thumb and hold it and butterfly the note, and it builds to the point everything I mentioned above is vibrating and will increase as long as I hold the note!! I ve never seen another amp do that!! Remember Iam not Talking High volume!! just tone Db's

Well, for once I had a reasonable thought to offer to the board. In all honesty, I feel totally inadequate when I compare myself to the rest of you folks.

I was all ready to get me a Delta Blues, then my drain fields failed AGAIN and my dog needs yet another surgery to remove the plate and screws that were put in last year. I swear, sometimes ya just can't win, but I guess the key is to just keep on pushing ahead and try not to let stuff get you down.
Bant's Bluz
Regular

Postby 601blues » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:39 pm

That was a great ideal Doc!! Some would wanna keep the chains, and that would work!! You have great comments I for one love ta hear from ya!
Sorry bout your dog!! I wish I had your smarts!!
Yeah !! push ahead, Last april 1st I was laid off, because The Construction Mrg, showed up on my job site drunk, and I made him leave the site, for safety reasons, and not to mention how it looked to everybody else, so I was laid off, GO FIGURE!! so I ve been looking for a job the last 3 months, But your right just push ahead!!
601blues
Regular

Postby JLHooker » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:47 pm

601, I like to play with the selector switch in the middle or upper position.Its when I play on the lower position that I get kind of a compressed tone.If I turn the treble back it gets a little better.How do you set your bass,mid, and treble? I seldom ever use the boost.I am trying to get a tone similar to ol BB King.
JLHooker
JLHooker
Regular

Postby 601blues » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:41 pm

:wha: OK!! here is my 2 cents!!
T-6. M-5 .B-4
post 6/ pre 6/ normal 5/ reverb 2
Sonic Stomp..contour 4 process 5
Ditch the pick, side of thumb
Amp guts!! JJ's in Mullards out
601blues
Regular

Postby JLHooker » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:48 pm

601, Thanks man.
Its too hot down here to play right now.I will try to find some shade later an try your tone.
Hooker 8)
JLHooker
Regular

Postby 601blues » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Yup!! Iam here in southern Mississippi heat index 106 for the last couple weeks, This morning I was out at 4:30 am till 10:am doing my chores , before it became unbearable!!
601blues
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment Blues