DOH!!!!!!!Gezz!!!!! DUHHHHHH!!!

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

DOH!!!!!!!Gezz!!!!! DUHHHHHH!!!

Postby 601blues » Fri May 11, 2007 12:37 pm

:lol: One good thing about a site like this you can share how stupid you are at times,and never have to face each other!!
Remember when I went to peavey a couple months ago and they retubed both my classic and new Delta Blues??? Well when I got back to the studio,and played thru the delta blues, it had a glass sounding ring to it I sware it sounded like it was commin from the speaker, I called Peavey and spoke with Jim, and said we still have a problem, They sent me a set of select tubes, and still had the same problem!! I was gittin ticked and started to demand my money back!! They sent me another complete set of tubes,input as well as out put tubes, and told me if this doesent work I would have to ship it to them!!Well I put those it wednesday night, turned it on and it did the same thing!!!!!!THIS IS CRAZY iwas goin to smash it!!!!Last night my Son home on leave from the ARMY ,was in the studio I explained Hoe disappointed I was with the Delta Blues 1/15 He said let me hear it!! So I cranked it up, He said thats not the amp, !!He went over where I had it on an amp stand, and listened, took the amp off, sat it on the floor and sure enough that sound was gone!!!! there was a small chain attached to a pin to hold the position of the stand, was vibrating against the metal making a heck of a sound and telegraphing thru thr stand frame!!The 1/15 puts out so much resonance it caused that chain to vibrate like heck!!!my 4/10 classic never did that!!! MAN DO I FEEL DUUUUMBBBB!! :oops: As far as Peavey is concerned Iam goin to let em know That last set of tubes did the trick!! :lol:
601blues
Regular

Postby ricochet » Fri May 11, 2007 2:43 pm

Well, you sure can't fault Peavey's customer service!
ricochet
Regular

Postby 601blues » Fri May 11, 2007 3:26 pm

:( Dats right offer no comfort, beat me up!! heck iam not a mach, I just drive em!! :D
601blues
Regular

Postby jeffl » Fri May 11, 2007 4:23 pm

So you aren't gonna tell 'em what a dummy you were....? C'mon. Take it like a man, 601,LOL! Don't feel alone though; we've all made dumb little mistakes like that when troubleshooting our gear. I ran with my keyboard plugged into the wrong channel on my keyboard amp for a year, complaining about the horsecrap sound, before I read the owner's manual and figured out that it was a guitar jack only and the other circuit was designed for the boards.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby 601blues » Fri May 11, 2007 4:57 pm

:? I will tell you guys what a dummie iwas,but ain't gonna tell Peavey!! heck no!! and you can't make me!! :x
601blues
Regular

Postby ricochet » Fri May 11, 2007 5:02 pm

I noticed a little while ago that the newest registered user on this board is named PEAVEY. No $#!+.
:lol:
ricochet
Regular

Postby grady » Fri May 11, 2007 6:35 pm

LOL !!!

I hate amp stands.
Don't use 'em at all.
grady
Regular

Postby jeffl » Fri May 11, 2007 6:53 pm

grady wrote:LOL !!!

I hate amp stands.
Don't use 'em at all.
If you had the problems that I do when I bend over, maybe you'd think differently, Grady my man,lol. I use a stand on stage 'cuz I need my harp amp as a stage monitor and it seems to get the sound up in my ears more. I use one at home with my Peavey 'cuz (believe it or not) my wife has my two amps that I leave out in the living room arranged in a grouping with the wall art behind 'em and I can only leave the tweed covered ones out 'cuz they match their surroundings. Ha, you young single guys...see what you deal with after a coupla decades of marriage; and, I'm jus' thankful she lets me leave my stuff out where it encourages me.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby 601blues » Fri May 11, 2007 7:03 pm

you guys better keep mum!! if you know whats good fer ya!! don't squeal ta PEAVEY! Image
601blues
Regular

Postby grady » Fri May 11, 2007 9:53 pm

I hear ya on the Back problems Bubba.
I know what that's like.

I have a amp stand around here somewhere. Never use it.
IMO, amps sound better on the floor.
grady
Regular

Postby jeffl » Fri May 11, 2007 10:10 pm

I've always thought that most amps sound better on the floor as well-- especially bass amps,but you hardly ever see a bass amp on a stand anyway. I love old bare wood floors and stages for sound resonance, but if there's too much of it, it can muddy up the sound. I've played in a few lodges with tall pitched ceilings, with big beam joists, and the sound jus' goes up in the ceiling and bounces around gettin' all muddied up, and then comes down in a slurry. When I was in my first band, in junior high in the early 60's, we used to play a few quonset hut type dance halls, and those things were murder. It was before the days of monitors,too,which made it all the worse. Everything was mud. But the pay was good then.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby NEONMOONY » Fri May 11, 2007 10:28 pm

Ans so much fun!
NEONMOONY
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Fri May 11, 2007 11:10 pm

That picture is classic! hahaah
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby 601blues » Sun May 13, 2007 11:16 am

grady wrote:I hear ya on the Back problems Bubba.
I know what that's like.

I have a amp stand around here somewhere. Never use it.
IMO, amps sound better on the floor.
Most of the time I just set em on da floor as well, But the Delta Blues 1/15 is the most uni directional amp I have ever played, I found out quick, when I first played it at a gig, the only way I can tell how loud Iam is to be in its direct sound path, and that is for it to be pointed at my ears as direct as possiable, hence the amp stand, But The 1/15 has so much resonce, it telegraphs tru the frame of the stand, so yesterday I wraped the section of fram that holds the amp, with Black rubber pipe insulation, and had nether ring or buzz, I think after 3 sets of tubes, trip to Peavey and 25 calls ,problems resolved!!
601blues
Regular

Postby mickeypainless » Sun May 13, 2007 2:45 pm

I'm a firm believer is investigating ALL "whirs, ticks, buzzes and clatters" in all important equipment these days.......... My youngest kids car has had a new engine installed recently along with various other expensive parts and he kept telling the mechanic he was hearing some kinda clatter at such and such a time to which the Mech. told him it was just parts "seating" in. Seems those "seating in" noises was the transmission taking a dump on us and we're now in negotiations as to how much "whir, tick, buzz and clatter" we're gonna make w/ the Bureau of Automotive Repair over who will be paying for the new trans.!
mickeypainless
Contributor
Contributor

Next

Return to Equipment Blues