Bye Kenny!!

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

Bye Kenny!!

Postby 601blues » Tue May 08, 2007 6:51 pm

:cry: Don't know if this is the proper place to post this, But one of my former guitar players and one that I posted I had fired, not because he was a bad guy, actually I loved him and he was a great player, but didn't play blues, I just got word he was Killed a couple hrs. ago in a motorcycle wreck, in New Orleans, Bye Kenny , save me a place, I will miss you, LOVE your pal 601 :cry:
601blues
Regular

Postby houserocker » Tue May 08, 2007 8:24 pm

Real sorry to hear that 601.

http://www.thehouserockers.net
houserocker
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Tue May 08, 2007 8:30 pm

I'm very,very sorry to hear about that, 601.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby mickeypainless » Wed May 09, 2007 12:06 am

Sorry for your loss my friend!
mickeypainless
Contributor
Contributor

Postby FunkyStickman » Wed May 09, 2007 12:36 am

It's never a good thing when we lose friends (especially musicians). Sorry about it having to happen here in the Big Easy. I'll remember him when I drive tomorrow... is it okay if I play some blues for him while I drive? :(
FunkyStickman
Regular

Postby ricochet » Wed May 09, 2007 1:11 am

Bummer.
ricochet
Regular

Postby 601blues » Wed May 09, 2007 11:56 am

FunkyStickman wrote:It's never a good thing when we lose friends (especially musicians). Sorry about it having to happen here in the Big Easy. I'll remember him when I drive tomorrow... is it okay if I play some blues for him while I drive? :(
Kenny as well as my self were Native New Orleaniens, I moved to Mississippi 12 years ago, and Kenny moved to Mississippi about 20 yrs ago, From what I understand after talkin with people last night, They were at the jazz fest sunday, about 6 bikes in a group, Kenny wanted to take them to the west bank,to show everyone around, they left the french quarter, and took the ramp for the twin span to west bank, from what they tell me I believe they were up on the tchoptulis ramp, any way as dirty as New Orleans is, there was debris on the ramp at a turn Kenny hit the debris at about 45mph slide into the guard rail and both him and his bike filpped over the guard rail, and fell about 60-70 feet to the road below, One pal John that was behind Kenny thinks he hit a bldg on the way down, The Times Picyune news paper reported Last Sunday, catch it on line, that this was the second death in the same spot caused by debris!!At least he died at home!! wake is this thursday night, he was really a great friend ,and a heck of a rocker!!loved by many!
601blues
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Wed May 09, 2007 6:16 pm

Sorry to hear about your loss 601. Sad thing when people pass.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby maxx england » Sat May 12, 2007 3:32 pm

Rough stuff, we're so exposed and vulnerable on two wheels. Play some sad stuff for his loss, then lay down the sounds that meant the good things to the pair of you. And seriously, at least he didn't rust out and smell funny. It was before his time, but he didn't hurt for long, if you can be at peace with that
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby 601blues » Sun May 13, 2007 6:01 pm

maxx england wrote:Rough stuff, we're so exposed and vulnerable on two wheels. Play some sad stuff for his loss, then lay down the sounds that meant the good things to the pair of you. And seriously, at least he didn't rust out and smell funny. It was before his time, but he didn't hurt for long, if you can be at peace with that
Yeah! Iam cool with it, its just surprizeing when its someone ya know, you never know min.by min. whats goona happen!! Not being a smart a$$ but we had no good sounds together thats the reason I fired him, but like I said he was a very good rocker/country player and a nice guy, but we were on to different streets, And yes Iam with you don't wanna be in an old age home fo sho!!
601blues
Regular

Postby bosco » Thu May 17, 2007 11:58 am

Sorry for the loss of your Bud, 601.

Bosco
bosco
Contributor
Contributor

Return to About Gigs